Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Z900RS ECU Flash  (Read 8868 times)

Offline exhdrdr

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900RS
  • Town / City: Silver City, N.M.
Re: Z900RS ECU Flash
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2018, 01:03:47 PM »
Dave  -Nate told me on the phone yesterday that plugging the pair valve is only necessary for those with aftermarket exhausts. If your exhaust is stock there is no need to do anything at all to the bike but just plug the ecu back in and go.

Offline Dirty Dave

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Montreal
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2018, 01:18:25 PM »
Thanks for that Ex.

Anyone want a deal one a coupla Brock block-off plates?

:164:
18 Z900RS Jaffa
97 Honda Valkyrie
79 Honda GoldWing

Offline exhdrdr

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900RS
  • Town / City: Silver City, N.M.
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2018, 10:21:09 PM »
I mailed my ecu to 2wheel on Thursday  the 13th and got it back tuesday the 18th!   I put the bike back together and went for a 1 hour ride. I am very pleased with the improved throttle action and never hit 5 bars on the temp gauge, that's a first. I recommend this flash to anyone considering doing it. I don't shift much above 5500 so no comment on how it runs at the higher rev range yet.  It's kind of cold here so I don't plan to ride more than about an hour till we get some warmer weather. Yeah the bike is much smoother to ride now and my right hand got a huge break from the death grip in the throttle I was using to keep control of the jerky on off.  Smiles  from Silver City :002: :002:.

Offline gmtcm

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 1976 KZ 900
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2019, 03:04:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by 2 Wheel DynoWorks [+]
At 2 Wheel Dynoworks we are thrilled to offer our Mail In ECU Flash services to you folks here on the Z900RS forum!

Nels, our owner, builds all of our tuning files on our dyno for each make and model before we release them to the public. We're very fortunate to have had a huge demand in our local community to build these files for the Z900RS, and our local dealership (along with several of their customers) have brought several over to us and allowed us to develop and perfectly dial in the tuning of these bikes!

The single biggest complaint we hear with the Z900RS's is the throttle response. It's twitchy, to put it politely, in stock configuration. This is mostly due to a fuel injector cut on deceleration that Kawasaki has programmed into many of their new models for emissions compliance, and it is only made worse with the O2 sensors adjusting for a leaner-than-optimal fuel mapping that is also in place for emissions compliance. We eliminate the fuel cut on deceleration entirely, as well as disabling the O2 sensors so they can be removed without causing a check engine light. This, along with our custom fuel and ignition mapping, results in a dramatically smoother throttle response.

Our custom mapping also results in a huge increase in performance at the top of the RPM range, where the bike would initially fall flat with stock tuning. Take a look at the attached dyno graph to see the results for yourself!

Visit https://2wheeldynoworks.com/shop/ecu-flashing-service/18-kawasaki-z900rs-mail-in-ecu-flashing-service/ if you're interested in transforming your Z900RS. We have files built for stock exhaust, Akra headers, and several various slip on combinations! Our ECU Flash service is normally on sale for $315, but as Z900RS forum members you guys get an additional $25 off! Use the coupon code "forum member" at checkout to take advantage of this exclusive savings.

Once you purchase the ECU Flash on our site, simply send the ECU to 13209 NE 126th St, Suite 460, Kirkland, WA 98034 with a note containing your contact information, return shipping address, and any mods that we're flashing the ECU for specifically (exhaust, intake, etc). We flash and return ship all ECU's within 24 hours of receiving them to minimize the down time of your bike.

If any of you have other questions that we didn't answer here, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com, or by responding to this thread that we will be checking a few times every day!

How difficult is it to remove the ECO from my Z900RS in order to send it to you for a reflash?   Thanks

Offline gmtcm

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 1976 KZ 900
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2019, 04:07:54 AM »
Where is the ECU located on my bike?  Thanks

Offline Sath182

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: RS Cafe
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2019, 04:15:49 AM »

Offline htown

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Houston
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2019, 04:21:15 AM »
You need to drop the rear fender to remove it.  See the video on page seven of the link in preceding post.

Offline Kris

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Richmond
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2019, 10:48:28 PM »
Just sent mine off today for the reflash for stock exhaust. I call them and was told to leave everything hooked up the way it is stock. I hope it works for snatchie throttle fix. My bike runs  extremely well it pulls wheelies just by rolling throttle above 4000 rpm in first  donít see how it could get any better
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 10:49:33 PM by Kris »

Offline Kris

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Richmond
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2019, 01:38:03 AM »
Just got it back today and put it on but itís raining so couldnít ride it. Will post results when rain stops