Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Scenic Picture Thread  (Read 104372 times)

Offline sklover

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 18 Candytone
  • Town / City: bothell
Re: Scenic Picture Thread
Reply #580 on: December 01, 2020, 01:55:32 AM
Still Ridin.  Got to keep on ridin, ridin.

Beautiful day today, last day of November in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.  Sunny and 49F.  Ground half wet with some slick spots, typical for sunny day this time of year.
This is from Everett, WA, waterfront, Jetty Island in the foreground, then Whidbey Island, then Olympic Peninsula..

Nice Sky

Offline LA-Z5

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Los Angeles
Reply #581 on: December 03, 2020, 06:37:09 AM
first ride on my brand new 2018! (purchased yesterday)
Got to love it in ... December!

Offline oldkawboy

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Maryville,TN
Reply #582 on: December 03, 2020, 12:46:26 PM
Congratulations, you're gonna love it!
Dan

Offline LA-Z5

• Z900RS Member
Reply #583 on: December 04, 2020, 01:38:29 AM
*Originally Posted by oldkawboy [+]
Congratulations, you're gonna love it!
Dan
Thanks, I do already.  :062:
Taking short rides everyday to break it in asap. This was only about 2 hours ago (background is Los Angeles - seen from somewhere in the Santa Monica mountains)

Offline LA-Z5

• Z900RS Member
Reply #584 on: December 04, 2020, 01:40:37 AM
and this one is taken from the coast (background is Santa Monica)
We are so lucky to be able to ride all year round.

Online CaliZed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS God
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
Reply #585 on: December 04, 2020, 03:00:34 AM
*Originally Posted by LA-Z5 [+]
and this one is taken from the coast (background is Santa Monica)
We are so lucky to be able to ride all year round.

Are you getting any smoke where you are?  My daughter in Oxnard said the wind was really blowing but she’s so far away from the fire she doesn’t have any smoke...yet.   I went weeks with smoke everywhere around here, and falling ash.  At one point the western edge of (my) fire, the Creek fire, was just eleven miles away.  Temps are in the high 50s here so I may try getting out myself tomorrow.  Time for winter gear! :001:

Offline LA-Z5

• Z900RS Member
Reply #586 on: December 04, 2020, 04:32:11 AM
*Originally Posted by CaliZed9 [+]
Are you getting any smoke where you are?  My daughter in Oxnard said the wind was really blowing but she’s so far away from the fire she doesn’t have any smoke...yet.   I went weeks with smoke everywhere around here, and falling ash.  At one point the western edge of (my) fire, the Creek fire, was just eleven miles away.  Temps are in the high 50s here so I may try getting out myself tomorrow.  Time for winter gear! :001:
No smoke, not this time around. There is a lot of wind for sure but it really depends on its direction .
It is strange because when the fire were relatively closeby recently, there was no ash and no smell (even thought the sky was cloudy and orange), but a couple of years ago the fire was much further and we could smell it and there was ash covering everything.
Time for winter gear here also, I just switched to long sleeves T-shirt :745:

Offline Yarddog

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '20' Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: New Fairfield, CT
Reply #587 on: December 04, 2020, 05:34:10 AM
*Originally Posted by Ben [+]
The other scenic pictures are hidden in some old introduction thread I can't find anymore. So let's have a proper thread to show off bikes in beautiful scenery! I'll start with tonight's view:

(Above Schwyz, Switzerland, with the sun about to set)

Anybody want to see my pics of the Berkshires in northwestern Connecticut.   :155:   On second thought maybe that would be like whipping out a 3.5" (9cm) weiner in an NBA locker room.   :745:    I'd have to move my bike out of the way so you could see the mountains...eer hills.
'68' Honda Dream-150, '70' Yamaha 360 enduro, '72' H1-500, '76' H2-750, '82' KZ-1000J, '01' 1200 XLH, '16' Victory XC,  '20' Z900RS Cafe.  Let the good times roll-again!

Offline nick

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Trussville, AL
Reply #588 on: December 04, 2020, 03:52:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Yarddog [+]
Anybody want to see my pics of the Berkshires in northwestern Connecticut.   :155:   On second thought maybe that would be like whipping out a 3.5" (9cm) weiner in an NBA locker room.   :745:    I'd have to move my bike out of the way so you could see the mountains...eer hills.

No Yarddog, we don't want to see your little wiener mountains!  :110: That was a funny one though.

Offline Jim K.

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: '19 Cafe
  • Town / City: New Haven
Reply #589 on: December 05, 2020, 05:18:40 AM
Hey! Quit making fun of my little Connecticut wiener...er, I mean, mountains. They're perfectly nice mountains, & for a few weeks in the fall they're spectacularly colored.
Plus, I don't have to ride 2,000 miles of flat prairie & corn fields to get to them.
Start out slow, then ease up.