Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Scenic Picture Thread  (Read 42814 times)

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
Re: Scenic Picture Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 14, 2019, 07:25:06 AM »
Golden Oldies Time?

Offline sklover

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 18 Candytone
  • Town / City: bothell
« Reply #301 on: August 14, 2019, 07:30:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by CaliZed9 [+]
Golden Oldies Time?

The color of my pipes.  I thought with the twin wall tubes there wasn't supposed to be the standard discoloring...  The pic doesn't really get the golden hue my pipes have matured into..

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2019, 07:45:54 AM »
Ah.  Mine have had a golden hue since new.  They’re not the usual bright chrome that other headers have and double walls are to protect them from bluing not turning golden. 

Offline sklover

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 18 Candytone
  • Town / City: bothell
« Reply #303 on: August 14, 2019, 05:08:14 PM »
Ah.  Mine have had a golden hue since new.  They’re not the usual bright chrome that other headers have and double walls are to protect them from bluing not turning golden.

I'm so wasted.  I can't believe I forgot the bluing.  Not riding for 33 years is no excuse.  I am just non compos mentis.   Duh.  I'm sure mine have been golden since new too :002:  Oh well...

Offline halbie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Portland
« Reply #304 on: August 19, 2019, 11:30:50 PM »
Over two days and multiple trips back and forth, I now know why Butler Maps says the North Cascades Highway is one of the top 5 “must do” moto rides in the US. Stunning scenery for 70 miles and a great mtn. pass.

Offline Maxacceleration

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '19 Cafe RR
  • Town / City: Central Wa
« Reply #305 on: August 19, 2019, 11:56:02 PM »
Glad you enjoyed halbie. Hopefully you got the chance to grab a bite at Mazama (well made sandwiches & great setting), or in Winthrop with multiple good restaurants.
I hope you caught hwy 20 during low traffic volume as it can get quite backed up. We have done the hwy 20/hwy 2 loop for 500 plus mile days. I don't know if the RS has a good enough seat for that! It can be quite the gear jammin' day.
Old is new again

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2019, 12:06:22 AM »
Great shots!  Have any of you WA staters gone over hiway 20 all the way into ID and then over into MT and Glacier NP?  Spectacular riding country.  I prefer to ride around the park on hiway 2 and then cross the GTTSR from east to west.  A quick ride to the CN border above Babb also has some sights to see.  Make sure to taste a Huckleberry shake too!

Offline Maxacceleration

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '19 Cafe RR
  • Town / City: Central Wa
« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2019, 06:00:10 AM »
Great shots!  Have any of you WA staters gone over hiway 20 all the way into ID and then over into MT and Glacier NP? 

Yes, but we turn right and take hwy 200 so as not to get caught up in vacationer traffic. It can be very heavy. Done Glacier some time back in a car...
Old is new again

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
« Reply #308 on: August 20, 2019, 06:37:12 AM »
Glacier is all together different on a bike.  There are several places to stop that cars cannot.  The deer along Lake McDonald are as friendly as if they were in a petting zoo, completely unafraid.  The old hotel in East Glacier (located at the SE entrance) has huge winter cut (bark on) support ‘trees’  inside, seemingly holding the roof up.  Helluva sight!  The milkshakes it the Park cafe just north of the east entrance are really good.  Buffalo burgers aren’t bad either!  :152:

Offline RICHINGREEN

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Fairview
« Reply #309 on: August 20, 2019, 07:59:46 PM »
These are the mountains that I get to navigate during the week.  Been riding them most of my life.  Luckily, on the weekends I get to trade them in for the pointy green hills and switch from watching out for taxis to looking out for deer.

https://photos.z900rs.co.uk/image/ASeTV

RP