Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: paddock stand on the RS  (Read 9996 times)

Offline Maxacceleration

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '19 Cafe RR
  • Town / City: Central Wa
Re: paddock stand on the RS
Reply #30 on: August 13, 2019, 06:24:26 AM
I just stepped up to a Pitbull stand. My KTM stand has terrible leverage - quite hard to lift into position. The Pitbull is a breeze. Quality stand.

Old is new again

Offline gangstaff

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Winnipeg
Reply #31 on: August 19, 2019, 04:59:27 PM
*Originally Posted by Hillie [+]
I got the Pit Bull rear stand with the arm that goes forward. Quite happy so far and it enables me to keep control of the bike as I'm raising it as I can hold the handlebars at the same time.

I just got this stand as well.  At first I set the hook thingies to their highest position and couldn't move the bike an inch off the floor.  I was like "wtf i'm 6'3" 240lbs how can i possibly be too weak and/or too light to budge this thing?!?".  Lowered them to the bottom and it went up easy.  Physics, man.   :034:

Don't understand the thought that this stand is too expensive.  It certainly isn't a bargain, but its not way overpriced either.  There is no way the welds, bolts, etc on the cheapo stands are good quality and will last and I sure as sh#t don't want them to fail when my $14000 bike is off the ground!

Offline Evangelos K

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Z900RS cafe
  • Town / City: New Orleans METRO
Reply #32 on: August 19, 2019, 09:02:36 PM

See what this stand does, for $230, with a $30 option to also safely lift from the pegs allowing swing arm removal and complete bike disassembly, and my question to myself  was why in the world I will get a pitbull, when a 50 dollar stand I had, and now sold, worked just fine, and when the ABBA does so much more, and so much easier, with a long ass extension handle, and when I paid 55 freaking dollars for a k1200s pin from pitbull, when the ABBA ships for price listed from England... I do have a pitbull I was given for free, for a single swing arm. It is $200 dollars of metal that only lifted the bike from one side since it was too short to reach the axle from the right side.  200 bucks to lift the rear to oil the chain.  Front tire ?  Get another pitbull.  Wanna remove the forks?  Well get another one. Wanna remove the swing arm?  Get a pulley and straps, LOL. No thanks.  For $230 I do it all, as opposed to 3x200 and still cannot remove the swing arm, let alone storage space...
2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
2017 Honda CBR1000RR ABS
2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
Reply #33 on: August 19, 2019, 10:52:14 PM
I know, we're all absolute imbeciles for not buying an Abba stand. Can we move on now?

Offline Evangelos K

• Z900RS Pro
Reply #34 on: August 20, 2019, 12:04:58 AM
*Originally Posted by Hillie [+]
I know, we're all absolute imbeciles for not buying an Abba stand. Can we move on now?

Lol seriously?  So what supporting argument do you recommend someone who thinks the PB is overpriced should have made?   None? Just Say ďitís overpriced?ĒI donít know if you are what you described, and itís your money.  Iím set against an overpriced item that all it does is lift the bike from the swing arm and does nothing else. And as such, Iíll say it as much as I want.  I have one.  Itís not better than a 50 bucks Venom.   Kinda like the 150 bucks brake fluid  reservoirs...
2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
2017 Honda CBR1000RR ABS

Online CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
Reply #35 on: August 20, 2019, 12:24:25 AM
I think most of us buy things in sequence.  I bought a rear stand first, a Thruster brand thatís made similar to a Pit Bull but far less expensive.  It works perfectly to clean and adjust the chain or to change the rear tire.  I bought it's mate for the front end so I could more easily clean the front wheel and both were cheaper than a rear Pit Bull.  After, long after, I bought the $299 lift table from HF and wondered WTH took me so long.  Itís such a convenience to have the bike at eye level for detailing, oil changes and other maintenance chores.  Of course I still use the F and R stands on the table to raise the wheels.  The Abba or the Bursig seem to be quite convenient and easy to use as well but theyíre not for raising the bike to eye level.   

Offline Evangelos K

• Z900RS Pro
Reply #36 on: August 20, 2019, 01:23:00 AM
^^^^^

ABBA SKYLIFT and raise it to the sky... donít have the need for it... yet
2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
2017 Honda CBR1000RR ABS

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
Reply #37 on: August 20, 2019, 01:46:34 AM
I have the HF table lift as well. It's a bottom of the barrel thing, when it comes to table lifts, but unless you want to spend well over $1000, you're looking at basic variants of the HF model. I'm not too keen on the hydraulics bits. But man oh man, it's nice to work with the bike elevated.

*Originally Posted by Evangelos K [+]
Lol seriously?  So what supporting argument do you recommend someone who thinks the PB is overpriced should have made?   None? Just Say ďitís overpriced?ĒI donít know if you are what you described, and itís your money.  Iím set against an overpriced item that all it does is lift the bike from the swing arm and does nothing else. And as such, Iíll say it as much as I want.  I have one.  Itís not better than a 50 bucks Venom.   Kinda like the 150 bucks brake fluid  reservoirs...

Yeah seriously. I know you like the Abba stand and it looks like a good product (just like that superbike skylift they have, you'll want it when you're "old" like me :002: ), but there's no need to seemingly try to ridicule anybody that didn't make your choice. I'm set against overpriced items as well. The pitbull stuff is expensive, but well made. Some people laugh when they hear I bought US-made jack stands to work under my truck and car, instead of the $39.99 HF special. I respond that I'd rather spend $100 more on the jack stands and not be concerned that my wife needs to peel a car off my crushed chest because a cheap chinesium weld crapped out. The pitbull design is similar to that of other brands, but it's executed well. High grade bolts, nice welds, stuff like that.

Anyway, it came across to me as a bit over the top, the way you keep addressing those that bought something different. Wanna guess what my opinion is of aftermarket exhaust (especially Brock's, he's a special fella)? Well, I won't share it, because nobody is waiting for it and it doesn't help anybody. In any case, didn't come here to pick a fight. :002:

The benefit of the PB style ones is that I can use it while the bike is on the table lift with the front wheel secured. I have the HF wheel chock on there and the PB style doesn't need the bike to move, so for my typical application it's beneficial. Again, I wouldn't mind having an Abba stand either, as it looks like it'll work well for most of the stuff I'd want to do on the ground.

Offline Maxacceleration

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '19 Cafe RR
  • Town / City: Central Wa
Reply #38 on: August 20, 2019, 01:53:39 AM
What I see is many buyers/users/ forum members (any forum) think that the item they buy is the best. I mean it must be - you bought it right?
I think all should be thought of as suggestions for a buyer to research his or her purchase. Save the put downs.
I tend to buy name brand as I associate quality with the name brand. Not alway true as we all know, right?
I never buy at HF. I can do better, and I am happy to pay more.

For my analogy I'll use tires. I would not buy Shinko tires as I feel they are not a 'premium' tire, although 1000's have been happy with shinko. Many have been unhappy with them also.
...Just an opinion and not a put down.  :159:
Old is new again

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
Reply #39 on: August 20, 2019, 03:44:54 AM
Yeah, HF has seen me one time, to get the lift and chock. And the free lantern! :002:

The lift is a good deal, but the hydraulics can be finicky.

Definitely agree on tires, it's the thing between the bike and the road and failure is a big issue, so I don't mind spending more for quality. And for peace of mind too.