Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Aftermarket Handlebar?  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Bilstein

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Sydney, Australia
Re: Aftermarket Handlebar?
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 05:25:33 AM »
has any 1 fitted the café bars to an RS yet? I would like to do this same mod the bars are just a little to high for me

Offline Peter

• Z900RS Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 08:29:01 AM »
I pulled mine back some which lowers them a bit and less reach. Found them a bit high until that. Perfect now for me. No reason the cafe bars won't work though or any aftermarket ones to get the bike comfortable for yourself.

Online flynbulldog

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: lotobikes
  • Town / City: Greensboro NC
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 02:01:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bilstein [+]
has any 1 fitted the café bars to an RS yet? I would like to do this same mod the bars are just a little to high for me

Bummer that they are tapered, I'd have fitted a low bar already but cant find tapered chrome superbike bars. (I want to keep the chrome bars for the original look). I may use a pair of standard 7/8 clamps so that I can use any number of bar shapes made by Bike Master. Or maybe there's an adapter available?

Offline Paulbiz

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Clifton
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 03:06:35 PM »
Hey Guys, Im looking hard at buying the Rizoma 1 & 1/8 handlebars. They basically have 3 types to choose from: low & wide (011), medium (06), and tall (09). Does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the stock Z900rs bars so I can compare them to the dimensions of the Rizomas? I don't have a big desire to lower my bars/riding position as I like the height of the stock bars BUT Im hoping the replacement bars will reduce some of the wrist cramp when riding with a better bar shape. So I'm trying to decide between the Rizoma  "medium" bars and "tall" bars. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!  :002:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rizoma-1-18-handlebars
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 03:07:43 PM by Paulbiz »

Offline Double D

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: toronto
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 04:23:17 PM »
I have the  renthal bars on order since mid June, they were supposed to be in July 1, now it’s the end of July
ZX14R ,BST's,Hindle exhaust,205 hp/120 tq

Offline IThrowSparks

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Cottage Grove, MN
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2019, 12:53:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Double D [+]
I have the  renthal bars on order since mid June, they were supposed to be in July 1, now it’s the end of July

Did you ever get your Renthal bars installed?
You Don't Have To Know It All..
You Just Need To Know Enough.

Offline portermg

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Alexandria VA
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2019, 01:01:11 PM »
I installed some rizoma straight bars...they looked more aggressive than stock, but the brake/clutch cables wouldn’t fit well.  Then I tried I tried some other tapered bars...same issue:  cables too long.

Now I’m thinking about clip-ons.  Has anyone tried using shorter cables that may be for say like a ZX-10 or something?

Online flynbulldog

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: lotobikes
  • Town / City: Greensboro NC
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2019, 01:54:23 PM »
I was able to mount a set of aluminum low bars from a Ducati Streetfighter. The cables are a huge problem but with a lot of effort and disassembly/reassembly I was able to make it work. I took the bike for a ride and the bike took on what felt to me like a much more aggressive nature. I didn't like it on the Z, I like sporty bikes, I have other bikes that are aggressive, I suppose the difference from the other bikes is one of the things I like about the Z. I went home and put the stock bars back on it. I spent about 4 hours learning that lesson.

It seems like everybody who owns a Z900RS sees it in a different way, is a sportbike, a tourer, a commuter, a standard, or is a cruiser? apparently is a virtual chameleon...  :084: Or we all just see it the way we want to see it.

Offline IThrowSparks

• Z900RS Member
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2019, 02:52:37 AM »
I did'nt even realize the stock bars were tapered...

Hmm decisions..

Offline IThrowSparks

• Z900RS Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2019, 08:15:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by portermg [+]
I installed some rizoma straight bars...they looked more aggressive than stock, but the brake/clutch cables wouldn’t fit well.  Then I tried I tried some other tapered bars...same issue:  cables too long.

Now I’m thinking about clip-ons.  Has anyone tried using shorter cables that may be for say like a ZX-10 or something?

Any chance you have any pictures of the bars on the bike?