Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hi from Southeast England  (Read 254 times)

Offline Jake59

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900rs
  • Town / City: Whitstable
Hi from Southeast England
on: January 26, 2021, 11:28:11 AM
Hello everyone.
Iíve been a Z900rs owner for three months now and clocked up just short of 2000 miles...joyrides only!
I traded in my 2018 Africa Twin for the Kawasaki on a whim...saw the green rs online...it immediately reminded me of being 14 years old and seeing my first Z1. I had to have one, and the deal was done within hours...no test rides...not even a viewing. It was delivered to me after a couple of days and thankfully I am besotted! However, itís not perfect...suspension is rubbish...especially the forks...and itís in a Ktech workshop as I post this, having a piston kit and shock fitted, to bring it up to the standard to match the rest of the bike. I really miss seeing it in the garage...and itís only been away a day!

Offline Salnap

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Springfield Mass
Re: Hi from Southeast England
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 11:57:36 AM
Welcome

I really like the green/yellow paint scheme, if that was out in 18, it would've been a hard choice for me...

Offline Seventies four e

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Staffs
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 12:17:05 PM
Hi and welcome from the black country... definitely a recurring theme with Brit owners " I had the poster when I was a kid "
So makes sense to put it in garage now,  I'm sure you are going to enjoy the bike.

Offline timmybiker4

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: z900rs 2019
  • Town / City: devon
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 12:35:33 PM
*Originally Posted by Jake59 [+]
Hello everyone.
Iíve been a Z900rs owner for three months now and clocked up just short of 2000 miles...joyrides only!
I traded in my 2018 Africa Twin for the Kawasaki on a whim...saw the green rs online...it immediately reminded me of being 14 years old and seeing my first Z1. I had to have one, and the deal was done within hours...no test rides...not even a viewing. It was delivered to me after a couple of days and thankfully I am besotted! However, itís not perfect...suspension is rubbish...especially the forks...and itís in a Ktech workshop as I post this, having a piston kit and shock fitted, to bring it up to the standard to match the rest of the bike. I really miss seeing it in the garage...and itís only been away a day!
Hi Jake, welcome! Must be frustrating not to have the bike. I am sure the work will be worth it though.
Can you give any details of what the suspension upgrade is? Cost? Why?  I only ask because that is the area I feel like i might look at next to improve on mine! Crappy weather doesn't help either.... Regards Tim
Ride like the wind, think like the sky..
 2019 Z900RS  Spark Black
 2016 Z100SX Tourer

Offline Jake59

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900rs
  • Town / City: Whitstable
Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 12:57:48 PM
Iím having a Ktech piston kit fitted in the forks...this should give more control of rebound and comp damping...although I am only 72kg I had the oem rebound damping wound fully in and still getting bounce at the front. I could reduce it by winding in the comp damping but that then felt harsh...almost wooden. Kit is £265 inc vat
The oem shock isnít so bad for my weight but I am certain that the Ktech lite shock, and weight matched spring, will be better, and give scope for more ride height adjustment. £415 inc vat
Once I get the bike back Iíll do another post in the suspension section and give an idea of fitting and set up costs...and how effective the changes have been. Cheers J

Offline Riversides

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Aberdeenshire
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 03:24:22 PM
Welcome Jake! Will be really interesting to hear your follow up thoughts on the suspension upgrade.

Offline Yarddog

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '20' Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: New Fairfield, CT
Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 03:55:56 PM
*Originally Posted by Riversides [+]
Welcome Jake! Will be really interesting to hear your follow up thoughts on the suspension upgrade.

:400:  Jake.... that makes 2 of us.   :028: 
'68' Honda Dream-150, '70' Yamaha 360 enduro, '72' H1-500, '74' H2-750, '82' KZ-1000J, '01' 1200 XLH, '16' Victory XC,  '20' Z900RS Cafe.  Let the good times roll-again!

Offline timmybiker4

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: z900rs 2019
  • Town / City: devon
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 06:02:11 PM
*Originally Posted by Jake59 [+]
Iím having a Ktech piston kit fitted in the forks...this should give more control of rebound and comp damping...although I am only 72kg I had the oem rebound damping wound fully in and still getting bounce at the front. I could reduce it by winding in the comp damping but that then felt harsh...almost wooden. Kit is £265 inc vat
The oem shock isnít so bad for my weight but I am certain that the Ktech lite shock, and weight matched spring, will be better, and give scope for more ride height adjustment. £415 inc vat
Once I get the bike back Iíll do another post in the suspension section and give an idea of fitting and set up costs...and how effective the changes have been. Cheers J
Look forward to that!
Ride like the wind, think like the sky..
 2019 Z900RS  Spark Black
 2016 Z100SX Tourer