Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hi from Southeast England  (Read 251 times)

Offline Jake59

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900rs
  • Town / City: Whitstable
Hi from Southeast England
on: January 26, 2021, 11:28:11 AM
Hello everyone.
Iíve been a Z900rs owner for three months now and clocked up just short of 2000 miles...joyrides only!
I traded in my 2018 Africa Twin for the Kawasaki on a whim...saw the green rs online...it immediately reminded me of being 14 years old and seeing my first Z1. I had to have one, and the deal was done within hours...no test rides...not even a viewing. It was delivered to me after a couple of days and thankfully I am besotted! However, itís not perfect...suspension is rubbish...especially the forks...and itís in a Ktech workshop as I post this, having a piston kit and shock fitted, to bring it up to the standard to match the rest of the bike. I really miss seeing it in the garage...and itís only been away a day!

Online Salnap

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Springfield Mass
Re: Hi from Southeast England
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 11:57:36 AM
Welcome

I really like the green/yellow paint scheme, if that was out in 18, it would've been a hard choice for me...

Offline Seventies four e

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Staffs
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 12:17:05 PM
Hi and welcome from the black country... definitely a recurring theme with Brit owners " I had the poster when I was a kid "
So makes sense to put it in garage now,  I'm sure you are going to enjoy the bike.

Online timmybiker4

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: z900rs 2019
  • Town / City: devon
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 12:35:33 PM
*Originally Posted by Jake59 [+]
Hello everyone.
Iíve been a Z900rs owner for three months now and clocked up just short of 2000 miles...joyrides only!
I traded in my 2018 Africa Twin for the Kawasaki on a whim...saw the green rs online...it immediately reminded me of being 14 years old and seeing my first Z1. I had to have one, and the deal was done within hours...no test rides...not even a viewing. It was delivered to me after a couple of days and thankfully I am besotted! However, itís not perfect...suspension is rubbish...especially the forks...and itís in a Ktech workshop as I post this, having a piston kit and shock fitted, to bring it up to the standard to match the rest of the bike. I really miss seeing it in the garage...and itís only been away a day!
Hi Jake, welcome! Must be frustrating not to have the bike. I am sure the work will be worth it though.
Can you give any details of what the suspension upgrade is? Cost? Why?  I only ask because that is the area I feel like i might look at next to improve on mine! Crappy weather doesn't help either.... Regards Tim

Offline Jake59

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900rs
  • Town / City: Whitstable
Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 12:57:48 PM
Iím having a Ktech piston kit fitted in the forks...this should give more control of rebound and comp damping...although I am only 72kg I had the oem rebound damping wound fully in and still getting bounce at the front. I could reduce it by winding in the comp damping but that then felt harsh...almost wooden. Kit is £265 inc vat
The oem shock isnít so bad for my weight but I am certain that the Ktech lite shock, and weight matched spring, will be better, and give scope for more ride height adjustment. £415 inc vat
Once I get the bike back Iíll do another post in the suspension section and give an idea of fitting and set up costs...and how effective the changes have been. Cheers J

Online Riversides

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Aberdeenshire
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 03:24:22 PM
Welcome Jake! Will be really interesting to hear your follow up thoughts on the suspension upgrade.

Offline Yarddog

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '20' Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: New Fairfield, CT
Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 03:55:56 PM
*Originally Posted by Riversides [+]
Welcome Jake! Will be really interesting to hear your follow up thoughts on the suspension upgrade.

:400:  Jake.... that makes 2 of us.   :028: 
'68' Honda Dream-150, '70' Yamaha 360 enduro, '72' H1-500, '74' H2-750, '82' KZ-1000J, '01' 1200 XLH, '16' Victory XC,  '20' Z900RS Cafe.  Let the good times roll-again!

Online timmybiker4

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: z900rs 2019
  • Town / City: devon
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 06:02:11 PM
*Originally Posted by Jake59 [+]
Iím having a Ktech piston kit fitted in the forks...this should give more control of rebound and comp damping...although I am only 72kg I had the oem rebound damping wound fully in and still getting bounce at the front. I could reduce it by winding in the comp damping but that then felt harsh...almost wooden. Kit is £265 inc vat
The oem shock isnít so bad for my weight but I am certain that the Ktech lite shock, and weight matched spring, will be better, and give scope for more ride height adjustment. £415 inc vat
Once I get the bike back Iíll do another post in the suspension section and give an idea of fitting and set up costs...and how effective the changes have been. Cheers J
Look forward to that!