Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Old rider looking at Z900RS  (Read 4597 times)

Offline chrly

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Oroville, California
Old rider looking at Z900RS
on: January 24, 2021, 10:56:06 PM
I have been riding since the fifties. I currently race a 2013 ZX14R . I love the bike but I am a pretty small guy and want something to ride between races .. sometimes 150 miles, sometimes 1500 miles ..I have been looking at teh Z900rs,  specifically ,  a 2018 in the black color ..I would really like something around 500 pounds as I am getting a bit weaker as I age  :) Soooo Any comments , ??

Online CaliZed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS God
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
Re: Old rider looking at Z900RS
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 11:08:26 PM
You’ll love one.  Light (feels much lighter) and flickable, easy clutch pull, good brakes and runs very strong.

Online Salnap

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Town / City: Springfield Mass
Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 11:22:20 PM
  :0461:

The RS feels light and nimble. You'll love it

Offline TheDuke

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2019 Kawasaki Z900RS
  • Town / City: Winchester, Va
Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 11:51:47 PM
I'm 45 yrs old with 2 bad knees & a bad back. Back in the early 2000's I did a lot of track days on my Honda CBR 954RR, but I can't ride the super sports anymore. The RS is a great alternative. Feels light & nimble, tons of power, handles well, comfortable upright riding position & looks sharp. Good for trips around the city, commuting, mountain twisties or touring. All around great bike. I have owned several bikes over the years & I researched a lot before deciding on the RS. I am happy with my 2019 & will keep it for years to come.
Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 12:03:13 AM by TheDuke

Offline oldkawboy

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Maryville,TN
Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 01:06:09 AM
CHRLY,
If I'm remembering right from the ZRX forum, you have/had a green 14R and loved to drag race.
I'm betting you'd love a Z900RS, it's a fairly light bike with great ergonomics. I have mine lowered a tad with Brock's lowering links and it makes a world of difference.
I also have a 14 strip/street bike but the RS is my go to everyday street bike. My youngest son is about your size and he's been a 10.12 on it with only bolt ons so they're not slugs! I truly believe you'd like it.
Good luck with your decision, if I can answer any questions drop me a line.
Dan

Online TallyRex

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS God
  • Bike: 900 Root Beer, V1K
  • Town / City: Tallahassee
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 10:43:56 AM
Welcome -

It's a great bike, but if you're a pretty small guy, then you should follow Kawboy's advice to lower it.

Offline chrly

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Member
Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 02:33:45 PM
*Originally Posted by oldkawboy [+]
CHRLY,
If I'm remembering right from the ZRX forum, you have/had a green 14R and loved to drag race.
I'm betting you'd love a Z900RS, it's a fairly light bike with great ergonomics. I have mine lowered a tad with Brock's lowering links and it makes a world of difference.
I also have a 14 strip/street bike but the RS is my go to everyday street bike. My youngest son is about your size and he's been a 10.12 on it with only bolt ons so they're not slugs! I truly believe you'd like it.
Dan

Dan.. Yep.. that is me ..Thanks for the input...I have been looking for something  to augment the 14.. Sounds like all I have to do now  is figure how to buy one :)

Thanks to all gentllemen I appreciate the input.

Offline chrly

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Member
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 02:59:02 PM
*Originally Posted by TallyRex [+]
Welcome -

It's a great bike, but if you're a pretty small guy, then you should follow Kawboy's advice to lower it.

Thanks TallyRex, I  have to lower every bike I get   :002:

Offline Redlinez

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: None currently
  • Town / City: North Carolina
Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 01:50:56 AM
*Originally Posted by oldkawboy [+]
CHRLY,
I'm betting you'd lov
e a Z900RS, it's a fairly light bike with great ergonomics. I have mine lowered a tad with Brock's lowering links and it makes a world of difference.
Dan

10.12?  What bolt ons?  That is rolling!
No bike now.....

Offline oldkawboy

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Maryville,TN
Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 03:41:11 AM
Redlinez, on the 10.12 pass the bike popped out of 5th gear, it'll go nines if we can get the tracks to open this spring.
It has full bolt-ons from Brock's, valve cover has never been off & that's foot shifting on stock arm.
My son is fairly small and a good rider....much like CHRLY.
Dan