Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Bose Bluetooth QuietComfort Earbuds  (Read 2077 times)

Offline JoH

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Atlanta
Re: Bose Bluetooth QuietComfort Earbuds
Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 02:44:13 PM
Smokin joe. Get a skull cap that covers your ears, this helps keep ear buds in place when putting on or taking off your helmet. https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/freeze-out-helmet-liner?sku_id=1137801

I use audio technica noise cancelling ear buds that plug into my sena.  For ear bud tips I cut down NRR 33db ear plugs and use a 2mm biopsy tool to make a hole in the ear plugs. This provides a good sound seal and after several uses just replace the tips. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CL3TAOQ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_PUebGbGV8VT8P

Offline JoH

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Atlanta
Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 03:05:20 PM
*Originally Posted by peter88 [+]
All the reasons I mentioned above + it's a waste of time, money & just an annoyance, imo....And I don't have to protect what little hearing I have left, because my hearing is fine....no thanks to ear plugs......Anyway, live & let live.....

https://campaignforbetterhearing.us/how-do-i-protect-my-ears-when-i-ride-a-motorcycle/

Exposure to high sound levels for extended periods will cause permanent hearing damage.

Offline Jim K.

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: '19 Cafe
  • Town / City: New Haven
Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 10:16:58 PM
 :460:

I'm afraid he can't hear you.
Start out slow, then ease up.

Online peter88

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2019 JAFFA
  • Town / City: Sunshine Coast
Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 11:17:44 PM
47 years riding mostly loud motorcycles, without wearing ear plugs....You would think any hearing loss would be noticeable by now ?  Wouldn't you ?  You guys believe what you read....I'll believe what I know....
Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 11:31:59 PM by peter88

Offline Pappy

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Eustis, Florida
Reply #14 on: January 18, 2021, 04:10:18 AM
The wind noise bugs the daylights out of me even though my hearing sux pretty bad, Years of drag cars, drag boats, inboard hydros with the exhaust about a foot away from my helmet took it's toll plus shooting sports......!
I wear hearing aids in both ears now which helps to hear (ask my wife) but they do zero for noise reduction....just the opposite. Only tried ear plugs one time and they were such a pain to get in I said to Hell with it. They were the foam kind we use while shooting and I hate them for that as well and went to noise cancelling headphones.
If there was something easy and reliable I would try it again?

Offline Smokin_Joe

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2018 Jaffa Z900RS
  • Town / City: Canberra
Reply #15 on: January 18, 2021, 06:20:28 AM
*Originally Posted by JoH [+]
Smokin joe. Get a skull cap that covers your ears, this helps keep ear buds in place when putting on or taking off your helmet. https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/freeze-out-helmet-liner?sku_id=1137801

I use audio technica noise cancelling ear buds that plug into my sena.  For ear bud tips I cut down NRR 33db ear plugs and use a 2mm biopsy tool to make a hole in the ear plugs. This provides a good sound seal and after several uses just replace the tips. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CL3TAOQ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_PUebGbGV8VT8P

I couldn't find anyone in oz who had the helment liners in stock.

I did try my skiing balaclava, but the Shoei TZ-X helmet is too tight a fit on my noggin.  It dislodges the right side ear bud every time I pull the helmet on.  In desperation, I tried the old rugby trick of wrapping electrical tape around my ears.  That did the trick, but was not comfortable.  And the noise cancelling at 100kph was not noticeable.  It seemed as noisy as usual.

I've come to the conclusion that the Bose ear Quiet comfort ear buds are too big for my Shoei helmet and are neither comfortable or quiet.
1975 - Honda 175
1975 - Honda K2 750
2005 - Yamaha Virago 250
2010 - Kawasaki W800
Ulysses # 070025

Online peter88

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2019 JAFFA
  • Town / City: Sunshine Coast
Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 07:58:30 AM
*Originally Posted by Pappy [+]
The wind noise bugs the daylights out of me even though my hearing sux pretty bad, Years of drag cars, drag boats, inboard hydros with the exhaust about a foot away from my helmet took it's toll plus shooting sports......!
I wear hearing aids in both ears now which helps to hear (ask my wife) but they do zero for noise reduction....just the opposite. Only tried ear plugs one time and they were such a pain to get in I said to Hell with it. They were the foam kind we use while shooting and I hate them for that as well and went to noise cancelling headphones.
If there was something easy and reliable I would try it again?
  Funny how you said the wind noise bugs you pappy...I believe you but it has never bothered me...probably because I started riding with open face helmets...Maybe you just need to purchase a new helmet, some are definitely quieter than others so it could help.....Having to worry about using ear plugs woukd annoy me far more...I remember riding at speeds between 150 & 180 kms an hour for almost 2 hours on my 2004 speed triple & never thought about the wind noise....my neck on the other hand was a completely different story lol.....You could also try filling your ears with Sikaflex...

Online Salnap

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Springfield Mass
Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 02:22:56 PM
Pappy try No noise brand of that type. Easy to get in/out

https://www.nonoise-earplugs.com

Offline mfairplay

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Cape Cod, Mass.
Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 10:03:25 PM
I never ride without earplugs. It seems like common sense to me.

Online Salnap

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Town / City: Springfield Mass
Reply #19 on: January 18, 2021, 10:13:16 PM
My ears are ringing now from years of abuse with no protection.  :021: