Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: ECU modding / tuning  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Brads

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Edinburgh
Re: ECU modding / tuning
Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 09:58:35 PM
We don't have as much crap attached as you do, but we have had crankcase rebreathers for decades and I have binned a few on a few of my bikes.

I would be more concerned about the cat though as not being able to burn off will make it run even hotter when it gets clogged up.

The fuel cut off on decel is what causes the snatchy throttle, not the PAIR system. It's main side effect is the  popping and banging on decel after you have switched of the fuel cut off.

I'm not saying it's a bad move and I'd be tempted to do it myself rather than have a shouty popping exhaust )if I had an aftermarket system), buit with the stock system in place I'm not convinced it's a good idea to disable it.

By the way, big long winded answers like that are what we all need. Education for the spannering morons like myself lol.

Offline foureyes

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Cafe - Green
  • Town / City: Burton on Trent, UK
Reply #21 on: January 12, 2021, 10:49:26 PM
*Originally Posted by Nigellufc [+]
Snatchy throttle cured is it pal, smoother cornering am guessing, thinking about it myself.

Yeah, non of the wondering how itís going to react to a mid corner throttle adjustment now.

Bit of a pain getting the ECU out. I started from above but resorted to loosening the under tray as recommended elsewhere.
Pistonheads: lukeyman

Offline nick

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Trussville, AL
Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 05:01:21 AM
*Originally Posted by Brads [+]
Not just aimed at foureyes, but anyone with knowledge.

As soon as I saw this quote this A.M., I left it alone hoping NSAG would answer it!  :020:

Offline BASS 666

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2020 z900rs
  • Town / City: Belfast
Reply #23 on: January 13, 2021, 10:47:05 AM
*Originally Posted by foureyes [+]
Yeah, non of the wondering how itís going to react to a mid corner throttle adjustment now.

Bit of a pain getting the ECU out. I started from above but resorted to loosening the under tray as recommended elsewhere.

i cut an allen key down to a very small size and was able to get the ecu out without going near the under tray .... once the three bolts were cracked they came out by hand ....

Offline foureyes

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Cafe - Green
  • Town / City: Burton on Trent, UK
Reply #24 on: January 13, 2021, 11:57:59 AM
Actually, yes, I got the ECU out initially without touching the undertray... it was just easier to get the bolts back in the the cradle from underneath. Probably my lack of dexterity and patience was the biggest pain! I was in a rush to get it running before the sun vanished! :002:
Pistonheads: lukeyman