Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Retro Indicators Avoid Saisei/Cybike  (Read 443 times)

Offline Radioactive

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Devon
Retro Indicators Avoid Saisei/Cybike
on: September 29, 2020, 06:03:45 PM
It is with regret I feel the need to inform all Z900rs owners of the unnecessary crusade Iíve been in for many months with Saisei also known as Cybike relating to the poor quality indicators fitted by local dealership who sourced indicators, to my new Z900RS. I sent many photos of the corrosion to Saisei, whoís representative failed to explain why only two indicators corroded and pitted whilst all other chrome parts are unmarked, I was accused of using an abrasive and a derisory offer of 10% made for replacing one poor quality item for another. Also dealership made contact with this company who failed to explain why the items are not fit for purpose and I am told they would not use this supplier again.

Online MattR

• Forum Help and Support
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Bristol
Re: Retro Indicators Avoid Saisei/Cybike
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 10:28:04 PM
That doesn'r sound good, got some piccies of the corroded parts ?  Would be good to see what they were like  :002:

Offline Radioactive

• Z900RS Junior Member
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 10:59:10 PM
Thanks for your kind interest Matt and for placing my post more appropriately. Iíve been having trouble uploading photos for you, just logged in an received activation so will try again.

Online Mudslinger

• Z900RS Member
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 11:33:40 PM
Talk about authenticity! They went above and beyond to ensure that they look old. They even pre-pitted them for you.

Offline ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Oshawa
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 12:43:09 AM
I was thinking the same thing they really look RETRO as if you took them off a 1972 vintage bike that sat out in the weather for years......

Can't buy PATINA like that...well OK guess you can  :087:

Seriously however sorry for your experience and hope they make it right...vintage parts are 1 thing but to look like they were USED at those prices is quite another!!!

Good Luck with getting this resolved to your satisfaction!!

:821: :305:
79 Yamaha XS750F
81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
84 Honda CB750SC Nighthawk S (Canadian Model)
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Offline Hillie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 01:04:56 AM
That looks like a bit of a shitty plating job they did on those housings.

Online MattR

• Forum Help and Support
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Bristol
Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 09:44:44 AM
Wonder what those housings are made of under that chrome?

It's definitely pitting, frequently that's due to either imperfections in the base material, poor prep, or contamination prior to chroming. Either that or the chrome layer is so thin that it's quickly oxidised through micro imperfections.

Bottom line it's bad quality.  :021:

Offline Radioactive

• Z900RS Junior Member
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 07:45:10 PM
Thanks for all your interesting replies, very good info, this is the reaction after 10 months kept clean and dry in a garage, I wonder how they may have reacted if I had rode bike outside on British roads in British weather? They may only be manufactured for showrooms and indoor classic shows only although I canít remember being told that prior to purchase when I had several conversations with the company.  Iím a little concerned the corrosion may jump across contaminate other parts so will speak to my local plating company. Cheers