Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Low vs Standard seat  (Read 1604 times)

Online CaliZed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS God
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
Re: Low vs Standard seat
Reply #10 on: September 06, 2020, 05:05:51 AM
*Originally Posted by moodyblues21 [+]

Here's my legs Low vs Standard. My heal is off the ground on the right and my leg is definitely straighter. I think the low seat will be good when I'm in cold weather gear.

Remember, no lace up shoes/boots when riding.  Proper motorcycle boots are a must.  These are great on and off the bike and quite inexpensive.  Nice color choice but, did I see a tank sticker? :001:

https://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/street_boots/sport_street_touring_boots/tour_master/solution_air_boots.html

Offline moodyblues21

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: 2019 Candytone Brown
  • Town / City: North Central Mass
Reply #11 on: September 06, 2020, 12:40:43 PM
 :0461:

Yes yes. I have two pairs of nice riding boots, which I wear 95% of the time. But for a very short ride followed by lots of walking, these are a must. Hard to find boots made for walking and riding that fit a narrow foot.  However, as you can see, I'm not ATGATT. I'm SOTGMOTT.

Online CaliZed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS God
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 03:06:37 PM
Nope   :110:

Offline sklover

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 18 Candytone
  • Town / City: bothell
Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 03:32:43 PM
:0461:

Yes yes. I have two pairs of nice riding boots, which I wear 95% of the time. But for a very short ride followed by lots of walking, these are a must. Hard to find boots made for walking and riding that fit a narrow foot.  However, as you can see, I'm not ATGATT. I'm SOTGMOTT.

That's why I carry a second pair of footwear in a pack on my rack (with other day hiking stuff) when I'm going to stop for a walk  :001:

Offline MissZ900RS

• Z900RS Member
Reply #14 on: October 08, 2020, 04:58:37 AM
*Originally Posted by nick [+]
:087: Don't think I would have known what to say about someone calling my bike purple. They MUST be color blind! I've seen from a member on here that he thinks the black and gold ones are the fast ones, but we all know he's wrong, definitely the candytone brown and orange bikes are faster!!

:008:

Offline MissZ900RS

• Z900RS Member
Reply #15 on: October 08, 2020, 05:06:30 AM
Lurker, first post.

2019 RS, owned since March and just over 3k right now. 5'6" female.

Low seat arrived this week. I like the standard seat - I find it very comfortable, even though my heals are about an inch off the ground.

Low seat puts my feet flat on the ground with a little bend in my leg. The position of my hips is nicer and it changes the relationship of my arms and neck to torso just enough that if you're bothered by them with the standard seat, you'll feel likely more comfortable with the low seat.

I prefer the padding of the standard (stock) seat, but it's nice to have the low seat as an option.

Hello there !
Same height, same bike !
Standard seat, maybe a little longer inseam.
I'm happy to be the second female on this forum.
 :046:

Offline moodyblues21

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: 2019 Candytone Brown
  • Town / City: North Central Mass
Reply #16 on: October 23, 2020, 12:38:27 AM
Well hey there fellow female rider! My partner just bought the 2020 and has the lower seat on there. I prefer the standard seat - I just find it more comfortable. I usually ride with boots that have a much thicker insole, so I'm pretty close to flat when both feet are down.

Offline Jim K.

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: '19 Cafe
  • Town / City: New Haven
Reply #17 on: October 23, 2020, 05:07:59 AM
Short guy here (5'8") who would love to get an extra inch lower on the seat of my '19 Cafe.

My problem is that I've had a few 400-500 mile days on this bike so far & loved the seat as it is. Long days in the saddle are absolutely no problem, right from day 1, no break in required. I worry that I'll spend $400 bucks to lose an inch of seat height & also lose that plushness in the seat that I've come to love on long rides.

Maybe thicker boots are in order.
Start out slow, then ease up.

Online NothinSuss

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS Jaffa
  • Town / City: Cessnock
Reply #18 on: October 26, 2020, 05:59:48 AM
Hi
Iím in the process of getting the standard seat redone. On big day rides 500km + . My back gets sore and my legs go to sleep . Iím getting the top 2.5 cm replaced with some more suitable foam and a gel pads put in where I sit and my passenger sits . The standard seats are good but there is also room for improvements. Good luck

Offline Dirty Dave

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2018 Jaffa
  • Town / City: Montreal
Reply #19 on: October 26, 2020, 11:29:34 AM
No back or leg problems for me, just serious numb bum after a few hours with the standard seat.

18 Z900RS Jaffa
97 Honda Valkyrie
79 Honda GoldWing