Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: MRA Windscreen  (Read 3468 times)

Offline PhxRSCafe

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2020 900 RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Phoenix
Re: MRA Windscreen
Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 12:15:12 AM
this is going to sound like a stupid question, but how did you get the original washer/grommets into the new MRA windscreen?

the will to win is nothing without the will to prepare

Offline Kowalski

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Ottawa
Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 12:59:02 AM
That was a few months back, and I remember having to fuss with the fasteners a bit, but it worked. Sorry I don't remember the deets.
Kowalski

Offline PhxRSCafe

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2020 900 RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Phoenix
Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 07:05:54 PM
*Originally Posted by Kowalski [+]
That was a few months back, and I remember having to fuss with the fasteners a bit, but it worked. Sorry I don't remember the deets.

Managed to get it on. Had to soak the grommets in hot water then push them through with a allen wrench.

the will to win is nothing without the will to prepare

Offline Kowalski

• Z900RS Member
Reply #13 on: December 01, 2020, 08:07:57 PM
Nice. Little envious of your longer riding season. Actually a lot envious, I went into the garage to get my snow tires for the truck, saw my bike sitting there, and a tear came to my eye. Take care.
Kowalski

Online w00

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900rs cafe
  • Town / City: Brisbane
Reply #14 on: December 02, 2020, 02:21:17 AM
Thanks for the info lads im keen on this screen now, im 5'10 and ive got clip-on bars.
I dont envy the snow for riding a bike but dam it gets hot sitting at traffic lights here.(Brisbane, Australia)

Online Gowerclub

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2019 cafe
  • Town / City: Porlock
Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 01:50:05 PM
my grommets stayed in the fairing when i took the OEM screen out so real easy.......
Don' t die wondering

2020 Triumph Bonneville T100
2011 Triumph Street Triple
2013 Triumph Tiger 800

Offline faser41

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Cafe Sport
  • Town / City: San Ramon
Reply #16 on: December 03, 2020, 12:47:18 PM
Kowalski screen looks sweet, Iím googling now, thanks for the op😎👍

Offline treybrad

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Austin TX
Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 06:51:39 PM
Has anyone played around with removing the plastic edge trim that MRA includes?

I installed my 'S' Spoiler screen a couple days ago and like it, but I was getting a little more noise than I wanted where some dirty air was hitting the base of my helmet / shoulders at normal highway speed. At 85+ mph I was getting a fair bit of buffeting, about like the stock screen.

I pulled off that trim before I headed to work this morning and it was noticeably better, smoother air -- including at extra-legal speeds. I need to experiment and ride with it more to see if it really helped, or maybe the wind was in a more favorable direction coming into work this morning.

Curious if anyone else has noticed similar results? Not sure if that trim is there for aesthetic reasons (It does look nicer with it installed), or if it is supposed to help with the aero...

Offline JohnnyDangerous

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900RS SE
Reply #18 on: December 12, 2020, 04:14:44 PM
*Originally Posted by Kowalski [+]
Got an MRA "S" type windscreen for my Cafe, tested it yesterday (took about 10 minutes to swap out OEM for the new one). Result: Great, money well spent. Moves the air blast off the chest, up to the helmet, no buffeting up to 140km/hr (oops went too fast but had to test properly, officer). This will extend my touring day by reducing fatigue and noise level. FYI I'm 5'10". Got the windscreen at twistedthrottle.ca, where I do any non-fortnine online purchases. No preference for one store over the other, but I do like the fortnine videos.

I know I'm a little late to reply to your post but just wanted to say that 613 Motorosports in Ottawa always beats Fortnine prices. Generally by around 10%. I email them the item I want. They send me a payable invoice. I pick up the part when it's in. I don't work there and he's not my best bud....just thought I would let you know if you want to save a bit of cash. Good guys to deal with. Cheap tires and $15 installation too. Hard to beat.

Offline Kowalski

• Z900RS Member
Reply #19 on: December 12, 2020, 09:18:51 PM
Thanks for that, we're always buying moto stuff so it's never too late. Have a good Christmas!
Kowalski