Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: kappa tank/sw-motech sat nav bracket  (Read 281 times)

Offline kwackers

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: northwest
kappa tank/sw-motech sat nav bracket
on: July 01, 2020, 09:14:51 PM
Sorry to the member who ask for pics of the sw-motech sat nav bracket and kappa 4.5ltr tank bag.. as accidently deleted the post as was having problems resizing pics.. hope these pics work if not will get some one on to it that knows what the hell their doing.. :008:
Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:18:31 PM by kwackers

Offline Safrican

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900 RSC
  • Town / City: Great Brak River
Re: kappa tank/sw-motech sat nav bracket
Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 10:13:43 PM
Thanks kwackers. I can see it when one clicks on the photo.  :062:
Another great forum, thanks. I have a YT page with Namibia adventure rides on a ‘16 AT. Ian Levy

Offline kwackers

• Z900RS Member
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 10:43:25 PM
*Originally Posted by Safrican [+]
Thanks kwackers. I can see it when one clicks on the photo.  :062:
No problem only happy to help when I can.. hope this helped.. there dose not look like there is enough room for lock to lock turning circle but the tank bag dose not touch the bag at any point when turning providing you don't over fill the bag.. this set up is ideal for me as I only use the z900 rs café for day trips so only need a bag big enough to carry small items.. also use the same kappa tank bag with the same tom tom docking and anti theft device on my h2 sx se enabling me to simple swap over the tom tom rider sat nav from bike to bike.

just in case you are thinking of using the kappa quick release tank bag I did need to relocate the bag on the kappa base to give the room required so the bag did not get I the way of the turning circle. but kappa dose not have any pre drilled relocating holes to allow you to move the tank bag back a few inch's but there is just enough room to punch 4 new holes to move the bag back slightly on it's base to give more room between the sat nav and the bag..

Offline halbie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Portland
Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 11:37:07 PM
*Originally Posted by kwackers [+]
Sorry to the member who ask for pics of the sw-motech sat nav bracket

Would you mind sharing the names and part number of the exact Sw-Motech item (or items?) you're using for that setup? I can't tell if the bracket/mount and sunshield thing are one part or multiple parts.  I use the Ram Mount claw with my TomTom on the handlebar, but i think your setup looks a lot better and is centered. It can be challenging in the U.S. to search/identify SW-Motech products, although hopefully that will change soon bc they announced the launch of a US division in May (based where I live!), so hopefully distribution and everything that comes with it will improve here.
Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:38:28 PM by halbie

Offline kwackers

• Z900RS Member
Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 01:05:42 AM
*Originally Posted by halbie [+]
Would you mind sharing the names and part number of the exact Sw-Motech item (or items?) you're using for that setup? I can't tell if the bracket/mount and sunshield thing are one part or multiple parts.  I use the Ram Mount claw with my TomTom on the handlebar, but i think your setup looks a lot better and is centered. It can be challenging in the U.S. to search/identify SW-Motech products, although hopefully that will change soon bc they announced the launch of a US division in May (based where I live!), so hopefully distribution and everything that comes with it will improve here.
No problem mate.. here's the info.

sw-motech gps bar clamp mount/bracket for cockpit Kawasaki z900rs all years.. part number gps 08.646.10900/b FA bar code 4052572052075
tom tom rider 550 docking station with power cable part number surg.oo1.03.3 bar code 0636926074346
tom tom rider 550 anti-theft solution part number surg.001.06 bar code 0636926085038
kappa quick release 4/5 ltr tank bag part number RA3201GBK
kappa tank ring z900rs part number BFO4K

the sat nav sun shade is universal and fits most sat navs not sure of part number but if you use this ebay item number 181935574915 you could order one or order one from another supplier.. and will give you the size you need for your sat nav.

you can also search ebay with the name and details of the items you require.. :152:
Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:13:36 AM by kwackers

Offline halbie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Portland
Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 01:25:26 AM
Thank you. I had forgotten that my TomTom power solution is itself a Ram mount, so the SW Motech won't work for me. I'm sorry for bothering you w/ the question.  https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/drive/accessories/mounts-docks/motorcycle-mount/
I may just change the Ram mount itself to one that bolts into the bar clamp. I thought placement on the bar clamp would block the gauges, but I see from your setup that's not the case.
Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:26:28 AM by halbie