Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: It was a bit of a pain, but I finally installed these ASV levers  (Read 407 times)

Offline mfairplay

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Cape Cod, Mass.
Based on the parts numbers someone posted here, I ordered a set of ASV levers at least six weeks ago. Turns out, the brake lever part number was the wrong one.  I should have done my own research, so that's on me. So, that one went back for a refund and this time I ordered the correct one. Fast forward a week, and the new lever shows up. The problem is that it's the wrong one again because someone in the warehouse, I learned later, decided that he or she knew better and sent me the "right" one. So, that one went back for a refund, and I again reordered the correct lever.

Meanwhile, I had to go back/forth wiith ASV to sort things out and now, if you go to their website, you will see updated product numbers for the Z900RS so I won't post them here.

Despite repeated entreaties, I have yet to get any refunds from ASV, which is one reason I would hesitate to buy anything from them again.

Regardless of my mini-ordeal, I'm happy with the fit/finish and quality (they're not cheap).  These are titanium color with black adjusters.

Online Hillie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
Interesting colors! I went for the "cheapest" colors, which is still an expensive proposition. Sorry about all the model number confusion, I'm happy they adjusted it on their site.

Offline halbie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Town / City: Portland
*Originally Posted by mfairplay [+]
Despite repeated entreaties, I have yet to get any refunds from ASV, which is one reason I would hesitate to buy anything from them again.

At least the levers look great!  I gather you paid separately each time (as opposed to return/exchange). Is it too late to initiate a dispute with your credit card company on the last one, at least? I know that's the correct one, so there really shouldn't be a dispute for that specific one. But if you used the same cc for all of the purchases, I'd be surprised if a credit card company backed the vendor that isn't properly issuing refunds on the other charges. These are on my list, so your experience is a little disappointing. to hear about, so I'm going to wait to hear what happens if you don't mind updating us.

Online Hillie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
I did the whole return/exchange circus and have had a good experience with them. There was a bit of a delay when they had the factory shutdown for a while.

Offline mfairplay

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
*Originally Posted by Hillie [+]
I did the whole return/exchange circus and have had a good experience with them. There was a bit of a delay when they had the factory shutdown for a while.

Yeah, Vince at ASV told me they were short-staffed and that it would take longer than usual to process orders. Still, they were able to ship the levers right away.  I have no doubt that I will eventually get a refund, I just don't like having to chase a company to get it.

Now that the parts numbers are available on their site, it's all good. Like I said, these are top-quality levers and I'm glad I bought them. I've bought other name-brand aftermarket levers and these are the nicest by far. The length is good for me (long version) and the knobby adjuster is more granular than the 1-2-3-4-5 click stop kind of adjuster you see on most brands.

Offline m_mcdonnell

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '18 Candytone RS
  • Town / City: South Carolina
Why not post the P/Nís that did end up working for you?

Itís a nice reference to have on this site/search as well.

Offline mfairplay

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
*Originally Posted by m_mcdonnell [+]
Why not post the P/Nís that did end up working for you?

Itís a nice reference to have on this site/search as well.

BRC511 for clutch and BRC542 for brake. More info here: https://www.z900rs.co.uk/index.php/topic,2805.10.html

Offline m_mcdonnell

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '18 Candytone RS
  • Town / City: South Carolina
Good info, thanks!

Iíd have to think about standard vs. shorty before I commit to buying a set.

Online Hillie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
I got the shorty versions, because I always do 2 finger everything, but everybody has their own preference. The quality of the levers is awesome.