Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: recommended screens  (Read 927 times)

Offline kwackers

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: northwest
recommended screens
on: June 29, 2020, 09:25:16 AM
Love the  :062: look's of the z900 rs café even the o.e.m screen as it suits the cafe's style.. but for touring and motorway speeds it's about as much use as having a ashtray fitted :008:  so "weighing up"  a aftermarket screen but want the best of both worlds.. a screen that's give some more protection but dose not take away the café looking style of the bike. was thinking of the MRA Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe Racer 2018> Double-Bubble/Racing Screen light smoked Grey but have heard that a few have had locating holes slightly out of spec. as anyone fitted the MRA double bubble and had any problems? can anyone recommend the best screen for better wind protection yet still maintain the cafe's style.

Offline Andyb1962

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Jaffa
  • Town / City: Rotherham
Re: recommended screens
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 01:02:10 PM

Yoshimura . Exspendive yes but top quality and the largest screen I’ve seen and still keeps the cafe look. 

Offline kwackers

• Z900RS Member
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 08:40:26 PM
Thanks for the reply..  the Yoshimura screen look's  :062: and was one of the screens I was considering but the price put me off, I've had various MRA double bubble screens on various bike's and never regretted buying one :002: MRA produce o.e.m screens for various bike manufacturer's including Kawasaki and at a much more reasonable price than the Yoshimura screen and thought it's worth giving it a try. recently seen the screen on the z900rs café and with it being only slightly taller it did not look out of place plus the raised bubble should give better wind protection at higher speeds.   
Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:44:05 PM by kwackers

Offline ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Oshawa
Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 01:46:19 AM
*Originally Posted by kwackers [+]
Love the  :062: look's of the z900 rs café even the o.e.m screen as it suits the cafe's style.. but for touring and motorway speeds it's about as much use as having a ashtray fitted :008:  so "weighing up"  a aftermarket screen but want the best of both worlds.. a screen that's give some more protection but dose not take away the café looking style of the bike. was thinking of the MRA Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe Racer 2018> Double-Bubble/Racing Screen light smoked Grey but have heard that a few have had locating holes slightly out of spec. as anyone fitted the MRA double bubble and had any problems? can anyone recommend the best screen for better wind protection yet still maintain the cafe's style.

I have the MRA not the double bubble but it does have the lip to send the wind up and over my helmet or to the top of it anyway. A couple of highway runs to 160kph and no issues. It was rock solid and keep most of the wind off my torso and about half way up my helmet...didn't notice a lot of wind pressure from it but not uncomfortable in anycase. I think could ride for a couple hours at that speed without a lot of difficulty (except the PO PO of course) :164:

Here is mine that's in the photo gallery.

Side view

Front view

Showing whole bike

And I had no hole location issues at all..fit like it was a factory take off and install piece...very nice

Mine came from Full Throttle...as they have a Canadian distribution so easier with no hidden fee's.

:821: :305:
79 Yamaha XS750F
81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
84 Honda CB750SC Nighthawk S (Canadian Model)
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Offline kwackers

• Z900RS Member
Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 05:56:41 AM
did also consider the MRA flip as except for the small flip at top the screen copies the o.e.m screen and in my opinion dose not take away the café look's :002: also not surprised it fitted perfectly as MRA makes screens for kawasaki :002: but have heard there as been the odd one where the  locating holes have been slightly out of misalignment but I've never had this problem with various MRA screens so most likley the problem is down to just the odd one. I decided on the double bubble as used them before with decent results :002: as not a case of stopping the wind blast completely as that's not possible with the cafe's styling.. there is so many situations why a certain screen may not work for a individual I.E bike style/sitting position/height/weight e.t.c for the price I'm willing to give the MRA double bubble a try.

Offline ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 11:00:01 PM
Pics once you have in installed and initial opinion of how it is at speed. :028:

But mine is fairly good for that it is and it's taller then the OEM too..decieving in the photo's.

79 Yamaha XS750F
81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Offline kwackers

• Z900RS Member
Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 05:33:08 PM
*Originally Posted by ve3hzz [+]
Pics once you have in installed and initial opinion of how it is at speed. :028:

But mine is fairly good for that it is and it's taller then the OEM too..decieving in the photo's.

MRA light smoked double bubble Screen arrived today 15 min's later it was fitted :062: did have trouble loading pics but now using a different resizing app here are the pics you asked for.. hope these work or back to the drawing board.. no problem with locating holes perfect fit.
Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:44:08 PM by kwackers

Offline kwackers

• Z900RS Member
Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 05:52:07 PM
Cockpit view of the tom tom rider sat nav and kappa quick release 4.5.ltr tank bag with the MRA light smoked double bubble screen.

Sorry about posting these pics on different post but it would only let me add 3 pics.. not sure if it was the way they were uploaded the pics or the pic limit is 3 pics per post!
also wanted to try a slight larger size pic size to see if it would upload.. bear with me as new to this pic loading and down sizing :001:

will report back on wind protection as soon as I get time to play out :002:

Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 06:01:54 PM by kwackers

Offline ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 01:40:53 AM
I like the look from the side but the straight on shot from the front..can't say I'm a fan...maybe just the angle? But as long as your happy with it and it works as you want that's all that matters...

I did a photo shop of my bike and turned it blue...I like that look (color) the best even over the green...I know....I'll get kicked out of the Mean Greenie club..but hey Blue IS a kin to GREEN  :020:

Thanks for the pics... :028:

79 Yamaha XS750F
81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Offline kwackers

• Z900RS Member
Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 07:14:05 AM
*Originally Posted by ve3hzz [+]
I like the look from the side but the straight on shot from the front..can't say I'm a fan...maybe just the angle? But as long as your happy with it and it works as you want that's all that matters...

I did a photo shop of my bike and turned it blue...I like that look (color) the best even over the green...I know....I'll get kicked out of the Mean Greenie club..but hey Blue IS a kin to GREEN  :020:

Thanks for the pics... :028:

I'm happy with the look as finding a balance between look and practicality can be challenging at the best of times with the z900rs cafe style only makes it more challenging. I've used double bubbles screens on various bikes with good results. not sure what the wind blast difference would be between the raised flip and the raised bubble as the flip may direct wind blast much higher causing more helmet wind noise. to be honest both the bubble and the flip screen in my opinion both do a decent job of finding a balance between keeping the style of the cafe and offering better wind protection it's a case of finding a happy medium and finding a balance between not changing the style of z900rs cafe to much and making it a bit more comfortable for higher speeds.