Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Throttle snatch  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Danno

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Fort Wayne
Re: Throttle snatch
Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 03:58:14 PM
*Originally Posted by mfairplay [+]
It would have been if you were will to take responsibility for your own learning rather than waiting for people to spoon-feed you answers to a question that has been asked and answered many times.

This type of reply is what's wrong with today's world.
2018 Z900RS

Offline Tinlegs

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Northampton
Reply #11 on: May 30, 2020, 06:49:08 PM
Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding, ii’ve definately taken comments on board, however derogertary..
The comment re starting. Slow definitely helped and had a wonderful ride this afternoon. I absolute,y love the bike and will make the neccessary mods.  Thank you fron an old fart ⚓️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Offline Otown

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Ottawa
Reply #12 on: May 30, 2020, 09:05:27 PM
*Originally Posted by m_mcdonnell [+]
Yes there are a ton of conversations about the throttle abruptness.

Basic solutions (or improvements) in a nutshell:

• Adjust (reduce/eliminate) throttle cable free play.
  • Increase idle RPM a touch.
  • Throttle tamer grip.
  • Re-flash the ECU (2 Wheel Dyno Works, or Ivan’s are the main ones).
  • 16 tooth sprocket for a bit taller ratio that softens the “hit” of the engine

The re-flash is going to be the most effective, but also most expensive.

There is also the booster plug which I think was one of the original fixes for this problem, I believe most people had an improvement. I bought my bike used and the previous owner had a booster plug on it, and it rode fine, I removed it after I got it flashed and I find the bike runs pretty much the same with the flash and booster plug. It seems the snatchiness can vary from bike to bike though. I believe I saw a post a couple of days ago someone in europe was selling theirs because they just got a flash and didn't need it any more.
Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 09:07:12 PM by Otown

Offline Dirty Dave

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2018 Jaffa
  • Town / City: Montreal
Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 02:16:59 AM
"Thank you from an old fart ⚓️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿"

Plenty of us here, myself included. Welcome.

There is much knowledge here. I would never achieved personal Z900RS perfection without these guys.

Sorry about your prosthetic legs......

18 Z900RS Jaffa
97 Honda Valkyrie
79 Honda GoldWing

Offline MattR

• Forum Help and Support
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Bristol
Reply #14 on: May 31, 2020, 09:48:44 AM
Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding, ii’ve definately taken comments on board, however derogertary..
The comment re starting. Slow definitely helped and had a wonderful ride this afternoon. I absolute,y love the bike and will make the neccessary mods.  Thank you fron an old fart

These are great bunch who are pleased to help each other out, unfortunately the terse reply you initially got is not representative of the general membership. Guess he was having a bad day...  :001:

:821:

Offline mfairplay

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Cape Cod, Mass.
Reply #15 on: May 31, 2020, 10:53:02 AM
Yeah, bad day, so sorry about that.

While I've contributed nothing to the throttle snatch conversation (not a problem for me), I know many here have shared what they know in considerable detail. I thought it disrespectful to those members to believe it wasn't worthwhile to do a search.

Still, my apologies.

Offline Otown

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Ottawa
Reply #16 on: May 31, 2020, 11:27:43 AM
While I've contributed nothing to the throttle snatch conversation (not a problem for me),

But you have, you contributed negativity and ignorance, see above ^^^

I thought it disrespectful to those members to believe it wasn't worthwhile to do a search.
:745: haha ok!

Revisiting threads like these I believe actually helps the forum because if you read m_mcdonnell post, he has condensed about 5 threads and numerous posts into one paragraph. In the future when someone searches and pulls up this thread all the info from past discussions is nicely summarized and easy to follow.

Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 11:37:27 AM by Otown

Offline JoH

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Atlanta
Reply #17 on: May 31, 2020, 12:26:08 PM
It would have been if you were will to take responsibility for your own learning rather than waiting for people to spoon-feed you answers to a question that has been asked and answered many times.

Funny how we perceive things differently.  I thought the post to do a search was fine, hey a new member maybe they are not aware of search feature.  Then the reply thanks Pal, very helpful I assumed was just that a thank you.

Reading on it seems the first post was taken as an insult like “ Hey stupid look it up yourself, been there done that”.  And the reply was just sarcasm like “ Oh you are soooo smart and very helpful (jerk)”.

Guess I just kind of assume we are all here to support each other or maybe just loosing my sensitivity in my old age.

Offline TallyRex

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 900 Root Beer, V1K
  • Town / City: Tallahassee
Reply #18 on: June 01, 2020, 10:12:41 AM
The man saw the error of his ways and apologized. so let it be.  Who among us has never made a mistake?

Offline Dirty Dave

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2018 Jaffa
  • Town / City: Montreal
Reply #19 on: June 01, 2020, 12:38:40 PM
*Originally Posted by TallyRex [+]
The man saw the error of his ways and apologized. so let it be.  Who among us has never made a mistake?

You mean today?

So far so good but the day is young.

18 Z900RS Jaffa
97 Honda Valkyrie
79 Honda GoldWing