Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: DELKEVIC EXHAUST HEADERS ONLY  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Goffry77

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Castel Goffredo
Re: DELKEVIC EXHAUST HEADERS ONLY
Reply #20 on: May 28, 2020, 12:25:30 PM
I am now very happy with the original exhaust and the remapped ECU. Great benefits and no hassles.

Offline GMAN2019900RS

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS
Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 02:15:24 PM
I see. So you did an ECU flash even with the stock set up? Did you have any issue with the engine in its stock set up? I know most of us are concerned about the jerky throttle but I have to say I donít seem to have this issue with mine, it is not as bad as any other modern fuel injected bikes out there. I do feel like they may have done some adjustment starting with the 2019 line ups though...

Online Hillie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 02:50:40 PM
Overall response becomes much nicer with a flashed ECU. Mine's stock otherwise and has a flashed ECU. Money well spent, I think.

Offline GMAN2019900RS

• Z900RS Member
Reply #23 on: May 28, 2020, 02:57:23 PM
👍

Offline Goffry77

• Z900RS Member
Reply #24 on: May 28, 2020, 05:06:49 PM
I confirm. Great progression, no abrupt response from the accelerator and in general greater performance over the entire engine delivery range. In sixth it's scary ..... it keeps going up going up and going up again from 1500 rpm or less!

Offline GMAN2019900RS

• Z900RS Member
Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 05:22:56 PM
So that might be the best investment! Keep stock exhaust line because it sounds fantastic anyways and flash ECU...
Did you use Evanís?

GMan

Offline Goffry77

• Z900RS Member
Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 05:36:00 PM
No, here in Italy: I have written elsewhere on the forum about this. I would add that the fuel consumption remains very good: I just went for a ride in the mountains and, using the great torque at medium-low engine revs, out of about 200 km in total, I averaged 19 km per liter. The engine works better this way, and you need to rotate the throttle less for an excellent thrust.

Offline silverjoe

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Black
  • Town / City: Alberta
Reply #27 on: June 01, 2020, 11:26:45 PM
*Originally Posted by GMAN2019900RS [+]
Hello there,
I just received my Delkevic DeCat headers today and after reading lots of interesting information on the forum, I am super hesitant to install it. I dont have much experience with after market exhausts on a new bike such as our 900RS. What I am gathering reading the forum though is that I dont want to have to deal with any change of performace that may affect the bike in a negative way...in other words, I had plan on getting the exhaust, install it and see what happens...however, the bike running a;ready so lean, I am getting a bit concerned that rather than gaining anything, I might end up with issues down the road. how many of you Guys went with aftermarket without re-mapping and/or power commander...quite frankly, I am not sure I want to go that route. There is much conflicting information out there about the necessity to correct fuel management after install? All i am looking at is a better sound, dont care about gaining any HP, I just don't want to lose any of the factory charateristics about the already fabulous RS engine....
Any feedback or experience with Delkevic / Akra installs are super welcomed.

cheers,
GMAN
You may already know but your bike will be much louder with the header.