Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Bit Quiet on the forum  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Andyb1962

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Jaffa
  • Town / City: Rotherham
Re: Bit Quiet on the forum
Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 02:25:46 PM
Absolutely!

Online Hillie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 09:22:30 PM
*Originally Posted by Andyb1962 [+]
People are dying here in their tens of thousands .

That might be overstating it a bit. The UK today, so far, registered 569 new deaths with a total of 2921 (source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ and yes, the numbers are of course dynamic).

Now I'll agree with you that the number of deaths is definitely ramping up right now and yes, it is a very serious illness for those infected and experiencing serious symptoms. One of my colleagues in Scotland is back working (from home) after being sick in bed for 13 days and he said it's the worst he's felt. If it hits one bad, it's definitely not a good thing.

Here in the US the number of cases and deaths is going up rapidly as well, but there are definitely different circumstances between states and regions. I'm somewhat close by a big city, but in a relatively low density suburban area. Circumstances vary from place to place. Living in high density housing helps the spread as well, with people being closer together.

By now, nobody will be unaware of what's going on and those not seeing how serious the situation is probably never will see it. Does that make it my job to keep whining and nagging to people like some old get-off-my-lawn guy? I don't think so, but not everybody shares my opinion.

It is getting tiring though. Let's share our love for the RS, not berate others for what they do.

I haven't been out much at all. I'm waiting for a clutch lever from ASV (working with them to determine which clutch lever works, brake is already settled), but I haven't been out of the house much the last few weeks. By choice and in consideration of others. But I don't see the need to preach, sit on some moral high horse, or whatever, because some folks do something different.

I'll once again catch a bunch of flak for this, but so be it. It's exactly what I argue against.
Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 09:27:02 PM by Hillie

Online CaliZed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS God
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 09:32:30 PM
*Originally Posted by Andyb1962 [+]
Interesting point .
But here in the UK that view is looked as selfish and not in general idea of “stay at home”

Did you touch the petrol pumps ?
Did you you contaminate them ?
Did they contaminate you ?
Did you stop by a coffee etc ?
Did you contaminate them?
Did they  contaminate you ?
Next mainly applies to American twin riders .
Did you break down and need assistance?
Did you contaminate them ?
Did them contaminate you ?

Remember all this should be with social distancing of at least 2 M (6’’6”)  between people .

But the main one is really .....

If you have an accident .

You are over stretching are all ready our stretched ambulance service to go to a already overstretched hospital and be treated by 1st line at risk medical staff.   ........
...... did you contaminate them .?

Your call your country .... but for sake of you your family and every one else there ..... STAY AT HOME!

People are dying here in their tens of thousands . Is that one selfish solo rude really worth it ??

When I ride I ride alone and yes I do touch the pump handle with my gloves on and no I don’t touch or infect anyone including myself.
Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 09:34:26 PM by CaliZed9

Online Nutkwaka

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS + 1400GTR
  • Town / City: Maitland NSW
Reply #13 on: June 01, 2020, 08:56:14 AM
We're allowed out from today. :001: :046: We can travel anywhere in the state (NSW) for recreation/holiday travel. I'm going to go for a ride tomorrow. Happy days!
Glen
2018 Z900RS
2012 1400GTR (Concours)
FarRider #772
IBA #60302      Ulysses #63003

Online foureyes

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Cafe - Green
  • Town / City: Burton on Trent, UK
Reply #14 on: June 01, 2020, 09:21:42 AM
Wasn’t this thread originally just about being quiet over winter?
Pistonheads: lukeyman
Daily Driver: Renault Zoe
Other Toys: Clio 197 & MT09-SP

Online Nutkwaka

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS + 1400GTR
  • Town / City: Maitland NSW
Reply #15 on: June 01, 2020, 10:37:15 AM
Yep.
Glen