Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Kawasaki no longer allows OWNERS MANUAL downloads  (Read 508 times)

Offline RS900SJT

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: San Angelo
Kawasaki no longer allows OWNERS MANUAL downloads
on: December 03, 2019, 03:04:28 PM
At KAWASAKI.COM for years, you could download a free PDF copy of your owners manual.  As of about August 2019 Kawasaki will no longer allow you to download a copy, at all, of the Owners Manual.  Now, you can just "View" the owners manual, on screen, on the kawasaki.com website, using their clunky viewer.

I find it very useful to be able to DOWNLOAD, and keep, a digital copy of the Owners Manual.  I also use the capability to download the Owners Manuals from Kawasaki and other manufacturers to compare products I desire to buy.  As of 12-03-19, Kawasaki is the ONLY manufacturer that has stopped allowing the DOWNLOAD of their Owners Manuals.  Other manufacturers still allow the free download of their Owners Manuals in PDF format.

You can download and keep a PDF copy of HONDA Owners Manual from
https://powersports.honda.com/downloads/owners-manuals

You can download and keep a PDF copy of Suzuki Owners Manual from
https://www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com/
(image enclosed as their website is kinda clunky and you can miss this option if you are not looking for it)

You can download and keep a PDF copy of Yamaha Owners Manuals from
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/owners-manuals

Heck, I can even download a copy of the Owners Manual for my $35.00 Kitchen Toaster from the manufacturer.

Anyways, if you would like Kawasaki to again make available the option to DOWNLOAD and KEEP a free PDF copy of an Owners Manual from their website (kawasaki.com), PLEASE MAKE YOUR WISHES KNOWN by calling Kawasaki Customer Service @ 1-866-802-9381 or by dropping a letter to them at:
Kawasaki Motors Corp, U.S.A.
P.O. Box 25252
Santa Ana, CA. 92799-5252

If outside the U.S.A. Kawasaki has also eliminated the download option of the owners manual.  Please contact the Kawasaki Customer Service for your country.

THANKS

Online m_mcdonnell

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: '18 Candytone RS
  • Town / City: South Carolina
Re: Kawasaki no longer allows OWNERS MANUAL downloads
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 12:03:56 AM
I could sort of see their point if they feel they could provide the most up to date info, but it's also dumb to lock it out for people that do want it.

That said, I did previously download the owner's manual PDF for the 2018 model (which may be identical to other years) if you want me to email you a copy.

The one I have is P/N 99987-1997.
Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 12:05:04 AM by m_mcdonnell

Offline JasonKing

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900rs Cafe
  • Town / City: Marineville
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 06:14:55 PM
Why are you not using the manual that comes with every new bike?  Or do we mean the genuine workshop manual? :084:

Online m_mcdonnell

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: '18 Candytone RS
  • Town / City: South Carolina
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 06:50:18 PM
Because it's hard to jam a paper manual inside a cell phone or thumb drive if you want to be able to refer to maintenance info or spare part numbers (oil, light bulbs, etc.) when you're not at home.

I always try to get PDF copies of manuals... not just for vehicles, but other power tools, equipment, appliances, etc.   It's much easier than trying to memorize everything and digital files weigh nothing to carry around.

It's also easier to do a text search for specific words (assuming it's an original PDF and not a scan).

I like paper copies as well if I'm actually in front of the machine working on something.
Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 06:55:15 PM by m_mcdonnell

Offline RS900SJT

• Z900RS Member
Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 03:06:18 AM
*Originally Posted by m_mcdonnell [+]
I could sort of see their point if they feel they could provide the most up to date info, but it's also dumb to lock it out for people that do want it.

There is no technical reason for them to deny downloading the owners manual.  The most "up to date" info would be contained in the yearly revisions, if any. 

That said, I did previously download the owner's manual PDF for the 2018 model (which may be identical to other years) if you want me to email you a copy.
The one I have is P/N 99987-1997.

Thanks, but called Customer Service and pitched a fit and they emailed me a copy for my 2019 which is 99987-0099 USA version.  I shouldn't have to call and pitch a fit to get a digital copy of the Owners Manual on a $10,000.00 item when darn near everything else I own, down to my $35.00 Toaster has Owners Manuals readily available from their manufacturers.

Please call KAWASAKI at the number mentioned above if you would like for them to change their ways.

Offline RS900SJT

• Z900RS Member
Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 03:10:19 AM
*Originally Posted by JasonKing [+]
Why are you not using the manual that comes with every new bike? :

I do use the paper manual.  However, the digital copy I can really rock with on several of my devices and I can take the whole thing with me (in my phone) when traveling on the bike and it never gets wet.

*Originally Posted by JasonKing [+]
Or do we mean the genuine workshop manual?

No... I said OWNERS MANUAL several times...

Offline RS900SJT

• Z900RS Member
Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 03:13:45 AM
Because it's hard to jam a paper manual inside a cell phone or thumb drive if you want to be able to refer to maintenance info or spare part numbers (oil, light bulbs, etc.) when you're not at home.

I always try to get PDF copies of manuals... not just for vehicles, but other power tools, equipment, appliances, etc.   It's much easier than trying to memorize everything and digital files weigh nothing to carry around.

It's also easier to do a text search for specific words (assuming it's an original PDF and not a scan).

I like paper copies as well if I'm actually in front of the machine working on something.

Yup, Yup, exactly and Yup.!
And.... as for paper copies... I can always print out a few pages of the Owners Manual in question and get those paper copies as dirty as I want while not worrying about damaging the original pristine factory supplied Owners Manual.

Offline pikerin

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS candy brown
  • Town / City: Vigo
Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 12:57:48 PM
I have no problem downloading a copy of the owners manual from the Kawasaki web here in Spain, in fact of any model  http://www.kawasakirevisiones.es/manuales_propietario.php

Offline RS900SJT

• Z900RS Member
Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 03:40:17 PM
*Originally Posted by pikerin [+]
I have no problem downloading a copy of the owners manual from the Kawasaki web here in Spain, in fact of any model  http://www.kawasakirevisiones.es/manuales_propietario.php

Well KEWL.  I tried it and this is what I got...

which... of course... I cant read...

If you try https://www.kawasaki.com you wont be able to download a thing.

Online Otown

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Ottawa
Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 03:48:01 PM
I have a pdf saved (english) if anybody pm's me their email I'll send it to them.