Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: DIY snatchy Throttle cure?  (Read 8400 times)

Online Hillie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
Re: DIY snatchy Throttle cure?
Reply #30 on: October 23, 2020, 03:26:49 AM
What other bikes have you ridden before?

Offline Rob’sZ

• Z900RS Member
Reply #31 on: October 23, 2020, 05:02:11 AM
A lot, 80’s Kawasaki’s and Suzuki’s, I raced A Ducati 748 for a while, had several Harley’s from springers to baggers etc....over 30 years of riding.

Online Hillie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
Reply #32 on: October 23, 2020, 05:31:48 AM
Just asking, maybe you're used to more relaxed throttles. The on/off behaviour appeared to be better after mine got flashed, but I never experienced it as a problem. The throttle is pretty sensitive anyway, it'll respond to slight movements.

Offline Rob’sZ

• Z900RS Member
Reply #33 on: October 23, 2020, 05:47:22 AM
*Originally Posted by Hillie [+]
Just asking, maybe you're used to more relaxed throttles. The on/off behaviour appeared to be better after mine got flashed, but I never experienced it as a problem. The throttle is pretty sensitive anyway, it'll respond to slight movements.
Guess have get used to feathering the throttle, but after flash bike is a rocket

Online Hillie

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
Reply #34 on: October 23, 2020, 08:51:17 AM
I had to adjust with this bike as well, but after a while it's second nature. My truck has a sensitive has pedal and every time after a rental for a week on a business trip it something I have to remind myself to be gentle again. :002:

After flashing it seemed more "even" in power delivery, if that makes sense. Anyway, to me it was definitely the best upgrade to the bike.

Offline Notsoaverageguy

• Forum Supporter
    and Approved Vendor
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Cafe 900
  • Town / City: Sandiego
Reply #35 on: October 23, 2020, 05:48:07 PM
*Originally Posted by Hillie [+]

After flashing it seemed more "even" in power delivery, if that makes sense. Anyway, to me it was definitely the best upgrade to the bike.

Yeah After flash to me the best way to describe is like riding a carbureted bike.
Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler!
(Albert Einstein)

Offline silverjoe

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Black
  • Town / City: Alberta
Reply #36 on: October 23, 2020, 07:52:35 PM
Is your OS2 sensor disconnected?

Offline InlineFan

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2020 Z900RS
  • Town / City: CA
Reply #37 on: October 24, 2020, 04:12:41 AM
If the snatchiness was unavoidable I would have sold my bike in search of another one.  It was absolutely intolerable.  If you watched me ride you would think I was either a newbie or trying to drag race it just watching the fork movement from me switching gears.  And this is when I'm TRYING my utmost to be smooth.. 

The only way I could shift without noticeable herky jerky movement was to wait until I was at least at 6000 rpm's and then also not completely let off the gas while shifting.   If I did that, it actually felt good to ride.  If I didn't, shifting from first through third was like eating pizza with a fork.. just wrong. 

I got Ivan's flash done after 2 months and 1,600 miles.  I waited because I didn't want to hassle getting the ECU out and wasn't sure If I wanted to get Akro headers.  I haven't done anything else but flash the ecu..

It is a different bike now.  I can't tell if it has more power but the delivery is definitely improved.  And holy smokes it is as smooth as a Brazilian gigolo now.  I can TRY to herk and jerk purposefully from first to second and it is still nicer than it was before.  The on/off thing is completely gone, and thank the gods, I hated it.  I have gone from feeling like a moron who must be getting early onset Parkinsons to imagining that I have advanced A.I. precision in both hands.

Flash it, flash it now, Flash Gordon!

Offline Rob’sZ

• Z900RS Member
Reply #38 on: October 24, 2020, 11:55:58 PM
*Originally Posted by silverjoe [+]
Is your OS2 sensor disconnected?
It’s still in,but when got the bike back engine light came on. So I had to purchase a Kawasaki adapter for my obd2. It was a fault with the o2 sensor, cleared it hasn’t come back. Ivan said to just clear the code

Offline Rob’sZ

• Z900RS Member
Reply #39 on: October 25, 2020, 12:01:07 AM
*Originally Posted by InlineFan [+]
If the snatchiness was unavoidable I would have sold my bike in search of another one.  It was absolutely intolerable.  If you watched me ride you would think I was either a newbie or trying to drag race it just watching the fork movement from me switching gears.  And this is when I'm TRYING my utmost to be smooth.. 

The only way I could shift without noticeable herky jerky movement was to wait until I was at least at 6000 rpm's and then also not completely let off the gas while shifting.   If I did that, it actually felt good to ride.  If I didn't, shifting from first through third was like eating pizza with a fork.. just wrong. 

I
I got Ivan's flash done after 2 months and 1,600 miles.  I waited because I didn't want to hassle getting the ECU out and wasn't sure If I wanted to get Akro headers.  I haven't done anything else but flash the ecu..

It is a different bike now.  I can't tell if it has more power but the delivery is definitely improved.  And holy smokes it is as smooth as a Brazilian gigolo now.  I can TRY to herk and jerk purposefully from first to second and it is still nicer than it was before.  The on/off thing is completely gone, and thank the gods, I hated it.  I have gone from feeling like a moron who must be getting early onset Parkinsons to imagining that I have advanced A.I. precision in both hands.

Flash it, flash it now, Flash Gordon!
Exactly how I felt the other day, usually smooth from stop making any type of turn, but jerky throttle made me look so stupid and hate that. I used to lean my Ducati way over with no throttle problem. I did put a throttle tamer in and it actually helped before the flash