Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Tune Comparison: 2Wheel Dynoworks vs. Ivans  (Read 3235 times)

Online Otown

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Ottawa
Re: Tune Comparison: 2Wheel Dynoworks vs. Ivans
Reply #30 on: November 22, 2019, 04:07:27 PM
*Originally Posted by flynbulldog [+]
Wow, Thank you feelooz, I'll try to live up to that  :821: 

Your post got me thinking about how I could contribute more here, I think that if I decide to do the airbox mod and ivans latest flash maybe I should start a DIY thread? Would anybody like to see a "how-to" on the airbox and ECU?

I would. if I did this mod later, maybe next winter, I would assume I would need to resend my ecu to be reflashed? I plan on sending mine in this winter for my exhaust upgrade, but I was planning on sending it to 2wheel. They usually have a sale on so I would assume they will have a christmas sale and should be able to get it for about $100 less than Ivan. If that is the case I am going to send it to 2wheel, otherwise I will send it to Ivan because I have used his service in the past.

Offline flynbulldog

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: lotobikes
  • Town / City: Greensboro NC
Reply #31 on: November 22, 2019, 04:39:42 PM
*Originally Posted by Otown [+]
I would. if I did this mod later, maybe next winter, I would assume I would need to resend my ecu to be reflashed? I plan on sending mine in this winter for my exhaust upgrade, but I was planning on sending it to 2wheel. They usually have a sale on so I would assume they will have a christmas sale and should be able to get it for about $100 less than Ivan. If that is the case I am going to send it to 2wheel, otherwise I will send it to Ivan because I have used his service in the past.

I talked with Ivan on the phone last night. He has been working on refining the bottom end and also he has done some tweaking at the top with the airbox mod. I also found out that with the airbox mod he has been able to raise the RPM limit to about 10300 and the bike keeps making over 120 HP from about 9000 to redline. I know that like 2WD, Ivan will reflash your ECU for free when you make a change or do additional mods. So if you wanted to just do the exhaust now and then later do the airbox mod you could update at that time. I think there are some mods you can do to the airbox without an additional flash but I dont know the details of that. Your best bet would be to call and talk to Ivan about it.

If I decide to do more I'll post up the results when I get it done but Ivan assures me the mod is worth doing so I'm seriously considering it and sense I've already paid for the flash it wont cost me any more.
Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:44:57 PM by flynbulldog

Online Otown

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Ottawa
Reply #32 on: November 22, 2019, 04:55:13 PM
I talked with Ivan on the phone last night. He has been working on refining the bottom end and also he has done some tweaking at the top with the airbox mod. I also found out that with the airbox mod he has been able to raise the RPM limit to about 10300 and the bike keeps making over 120 HP from about 9000 to redline. I know that like 2WD, Ivan will reflash your ECU for free when you make a change or do additional mods. So if you wanted to just do the exhaust now and then later do the airbox mod you could update at that time. I think there are some mods you can do to the airbox without an additional flash but I dont know the details of that. Your best bet would be to call and talk to Ivan about it.

If I decide to do more I'll post up the results when I get it done but Ivan assures me the mod is worth doing so I'm seriously considering it and sense I've already paid for the flash it wont cost me any more.

The price difference and switching to canadian funds and shipping/duty two times it will end up being about $200 cheaper to go to 2Wheel for me, so I would be getting likely around 5 or 6 more horsepower contingent on the fact that I do the airbox mod next year. Something to think about.

Offline sjz900rsc

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Murfreesboro
Reply #33 on: November 22, 2019, 06:32:04 PM
I have the Ivan's flash with Akrapovic header and Sprint filter. Pulls like a freight train. Smooth on and off throttle now. Totally different bike. Ran my buddy with a ZRX1200R with muzzy and Ivan's carb kit. He still blew my doors off.
RUSH Z

Offline Feelooz

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z 900 RS
  • Town / City: Orléans
Reply #34 on: November 22, 2019, 08:38:25 PM
Your post got me thinking about how I could contribute more here, I think that if I decide to do the airbox mod and ivans latest flash maybe I should start a DIY thread? Would anybody like to see a "how-to" on the airbox and ECU?

Obviously I don' t need to answer this question. :002:
Kawasaki Z 900 RS - Suzuki 1200 GSX - Triumph Bonneville T -100 - Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Triumph Speed Triple 955 I - Triumph Sprint ST 955i - Triumph 900 Legend - Yamaha 1200 XJR - Norton 850 Commando MK2 - Kawasaki 1100 Zephyr - Yamaha 750 FZX - Yamaha 1100 XS - Kawasaki 1000 ST - Suzuki 600 DR - Honda CB 750 F2 - Kawasaki Z 650 B1- Triumph Bonneville T120 (1972) - Yamaha 650 XS 1H1 - Honda CB 350 K4 - Jawa 350 Californian - Jawa 250

Offline TwoSerious

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Elk Grove
Reply #35 on: November 24, 2019, 04:46:01 AM
I hate this thread, I had just decided to get a tune and now i have options!

Offline Motodave

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: NorCal
Reply #36 on: November 24, 2019, 04:44:11 PM
I'm looking forward to reading your impressions.

I figured I'd ad my impression in this thread if that is alright , as it probably isn't worth a new thread.

For starters, mine isn't a comparison as I don't have anything else to compare to, but an impression of a bone stock bike with Ivans reflash and no other mods.

Quick review: the bike runs like a champ.  One word..... Smooth

The first thing I noticed within seconds of riding is compression braking is now  what I consider normal for an inline four. In fact my first stop sign it surprised me a hair as I needed to actually use my brakes instead of the engine doing most of the work. I had adapted easily to the extreme compression braking while stock, but really like it this way much better.

I'm not sure if I feel any of the (minor) HP/Torque increase but the fueling is so smooth now the impression is it pulls easier/harder.

Now, the snatchy throttle thing. A disclaimer here, as for me personally it wasn't a huge problem. Did I notice it? YES. Most annoying at lean angle while opening from closed throttle.  For the most part though it didn't bother me as much as some, so I didn't have as big of a problem to fix. But yeah,  it's gone.  I guess the best testament is when I was riding hard I didn't notice anything. I spent some time trying to make it  do something bad, going from zero throttle, cracking it open in a ridiculously slow manner. Maybe I felt something, or not, but now that is honestly holding it to a higher standard then any bike. In short, for me, problem solved.

Over all I got what I expected. Not any huge power gains, but everything, everywhere just smoother. The bike feels more fluid now. This mod took a bike I've been falling in love with over a few months now and just made it better.

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
Reply #37 on: November 24, 2019, 05:02:38 PM
Motodave, your impressions are pretty much the same as mine. Just a bit better overall.

Online Killer_01

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS Café
  • Town / City: Lisbon
Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 04:31:52 PM
I noticed just now that one thing Ivan did was raising the rev limiter to 10300 rpm, and by looking at the earlier charts the bike was doing around 9800 rpm. This got my attention for the fact that my bike goes over 10k from factory, is there any difference by being EU spec, or is it just the rev counter showing some ambitious extra rotations?

Offline TallyRex

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 900 Root Beer, V1K
  • Town / City: Tallahassee
Reply #39 on: December 03, 2019, 09:46:02 AM
When does your rev limiter kick in?