Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Brock's Stage 2  (Read 387 times)

Offline Green Cafe

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Atlanta
Brock's Stage 2
« on: October 12, 2019, 07:27:43 PM »
Does anyone have experience with Brock's stage 2 performance pieces?  Not so much the pipe, I have K-factory CSR but the ECU flash, air filter, velocity stacks, block off plate.  They are showing almost 120hp on their Dyno charts.  Thoughts or comments?

Offline Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
Re: Brock's Stage 2
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 10:43:17 PM »
120 wheel or crank? At crank it's 8 to 9 above stock. Less than 10 percent change in anything is difficult to notice. You supposedly get a few hp with the ECU flash, get some more with a cat removal or different performance pipe and the number will be the same.

I'm not a fan of Brock "brake pad chamfer" Davidson, but there's more than just the pure number. If you feel that the power delivery is more snappy/direct after his mods, them that's worth something too. The numbers are important, but they don't tell the whole story.

Offline Green Cafe

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Atlanta
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 01:32:34 AM »
Wheel! See chart below.  Also it keeps climbing instead of falling on its face after 8500rpm.  Not that I'm keeping my baby in that range long but still.  I think 10% will feel like a ton with how light the bike is. 

*Originally Posted by Hillie [+]
120 wheel or crank? At crank it's 8 to 9 above stock. Less than 10 percent change in anything is difficult to notice. You supposedly get a few hp with the ECU flash, get some more with a cat removal or different performance pipe and the number will be the same.

I'm not a fan of Brock "brake pad chamfer" Davidson, but there's more than just the pure number. If you feel that the power delivery is more snappy/direct after his mods, them that's worth something too. The numbers are important, but they don't tell the whole story.

Offline Dirty Dave

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Montreal
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 01:53:53 AM »
I am a big fan of Brock's but had already done the ECU flash with 2WDW before knowing
about him.

I can tell you that the top end pulls like crazy even after an ECU flash for stock exhaust
with the Akrapovic header. Curious to see what it will do after the proper fuel mapping.
I'm sure 2WDW & Brock have similar results. (Sorry Mr. Davidson)

So far I've never had so much fun outta bed.....

We should get together and ride each other's bikes to settle all the squabbling.  :305:
18 Z900RS Jaffa
97 Honda Valkyrie
79 Honda GoldWing

Online OKZ

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Multiple bikes
  • Town / City: Edmond, OK
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 05:33:12 PM »
I have had the Brock's stage 2 for around a year now and I can't believe how it has transformed the bike, it runs strong and smooth from idle to red line now. The most improved area in the rpm range is the mid-range and top end.  :028:
Technology: Man's ability to make simple things complicated.
2018 Z900RS - Hooligan bike
2019 BMW R1250GS - for travel and exploring