Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Z900RS side stand bracket.  (Read 472 times)

Offline zedster06

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900RS, ZX6R
  • Town / City: NAPIER
Z900RS side stand bracket.
« on: August 18, 2019, 09:38:27 AM »
I haven't seen anything regarding this issue but apologise if i've missed it.
 i've got a 2018 Z900RS  and have had an issue with the side stand bracket contacting the road surface  on some corners when riding hard.
  The mounting bracket hangs down a long way and i've bottomed it out 4-5 times now, ( not nice! ).
 I've seen adverts on several sites advertising 30 mm lowering kits for these bikes, 
 This  would really increase the likelihood of having this problem so please be aware of this. ( this bracket is part of the frame )
 We ride on the LH side of the road over here so this won't be quite as much of an issue for those who ride on the RH side,
 Will repost regarding this issue if i find a fix for it.   Graeme,

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
Re: Z900RS side stand bracket.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 10:30:09 AM »
Hmm, maybe this is a language issue.  Here, a bracket is usually what holds something to something else.  You seem to be describing the side stand leg or arm touching the pavement when in the up position.  As for riding on the left side of the road, no matter where you live  :015: for every left turn there’s a right turn depending on the direction of travel so those of us who ride on the right side of the road should have no more of an issue with a lowered bike than you would.  I would check the positioning of the leg and it’s attachment bracket to see if it’s bent or misaligned. 

Offline Ove

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: East of England
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 11:53:17 AM »
Maybe check your preload settings too? I've had the pegs scrape on the left, but not any part of the side stand. I have a centre stand and no problem there either.

Offline Killer_01

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS Café
  • Town / City: Lisbon
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 07:49:51 PM »
Yeah, you should definitely check the sag numbers if you didn't yet, I got 35mm more of ground clearance when I adjusted the sag.

Offline zedster06

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900RS, ZX6R
  • Town / City: NAPIER
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 06:24:41 AM »
Had 30mm of rear sag,  have reduced this and will see how it goes,, The biggest problem is on the tighter LH turns, especially if there was a bit of a dip mid corner,  the bracket part of the frame that the side stand bolts to bottoms out at times.

Offline Killer_01

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS Café
  • Town / City: Lisbon
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 04:03:10 PM »
30mm from static or with the suspension bottomed up? I have now around 15mm of sag from static and 35 from bottomed up.