Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: MY first ride!  (Read 1709 times)

Offline MexicoMike

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
MY first ride!
on: August 13, 2019, 05:22:27 PM
I know...there are a ton of 'first ride's' but, what the heck...

Picked my bike up today from Bristol Kawasaki then made my way over to Fowlers, where my wife was picking up her new Honda NC750X.  FWIW, Fowlers is the largest motorcycle shop I have ever seen as far as motorcycle inventory/clothes/accessories, etc.  I've lived all over the US and the biggest one I've seen is dwarfed by Fowlers!  Mighty impressive!

OK...put 40 miles on the bike (took the 'long way' back to Bath) and here are my complaints:

Er,

uh,

well,

uh...

there are none!

When we got home I told my wife, "this may be the best motorcycle I've ever owned!  I worked really hard trying to find the snatchy throttle thing but it does not exist on this particular bike.  Whether it's because it's a Cafe, because it's a '19 or because I'm too inept to feel it, I can't say but I couldn't find it and I really tried.  The bike feels very light and is very easy to ride.  I felt totally and comfortably "at home" on it literally in the first 5 minutes.  It's the first 4 cyl in-line I've owned in a long time; maybe I should never have quit riding them! Plenty of power for anything I ever need to do. 

It sounds great and looks fabulous; I had four "lookers" when we stopped for gas.  I had to stop for gas because the Kaw dealer put 5 litres of fuel in the bike and the low fuel warning started blinking before we got clear of Bristol!  :172: The Honda dealer filled my wife's bike with fuel! :435:

OK, I guess I have to do the "complaint" thing and here it is - I wish it had self-canceling blinkers.  But, since only one bike I've ever owned had them, it's not like it's a big deal!   

Truly a great bike!  It also is the first bike I have ever owned that I can't think of anything I want to change/add.  Funny, all the 4 cyl bikes back in the day came with 4 mufflers and I (and everybody I know) immediately changed them to a 4-1 Kerker.  I don't have to do that since Kawasaki already did! :062:

MexicoMike
1973 Norton Commando, BMW R9T (Mexico)
2017 BMW R1200RS (Texas, USA)
2019 Z900RS Cafe (UK)

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
Re: MY first ride!
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 06:45:48 PM
40 whole miles? :008:   I rode 80 test riding miles after test riding a beautiful red Honda NC750.  Loved them both, just loved the Z more.  Youíre gonna love it the more miles you ride!  Congrats!   :152:  pics of the pair please.

Offline MexicoMike

• Z900RS Pro
Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 07:06:49 PM
Yeah - we wanted to just keep riding but we had a commitment that, sadly, took priority.  We'll correct the low mileage thing very soon!  We have plans that will end up having the bike in for its first service next week. I
MexicoMike
2019 Z900RS Cafe (UK)

Offline halbie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Portland
Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 08:51:43 PM
The blinking gauge comes on early. The range calculator on the digital part of the speedo is accurate. 

Offline TallyRex

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 900 Root Beer, V1K
  • Town / City: Tallahassee
Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 10:16:56 PM
Congrats   :046:

There's still about a gallon of fuel once she starts blinking.  Every new bike (or car) that I've purchased came with a full tank of gas.  Perhaps it was a dealer oversight, or perhaps saving $25 on each new bike is how they got so big

Offline Mastrocinque

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Kawa Z900-RS Brown
  • Town / City: S„o Paulo
Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 01:11:21 AM
Congratulations!

This is a great bike.

I donít have the snatchy throttle on my either.
Donít know if itís because itís a 2019 mode RS (standard, not cafť). Mine actually has a pretty smooth throttle!

You will love this bike even more as time passes!!

Keep us posted
Paulo Mastrocinque

Offline kes2463

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS 2018 Black
  • Town / City: MelkshamWilts
Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 01:59:46 PM
Congrats dude & welcome to a wonderful world. I'm just down the road in Melksham & go to Bath regularly (daughters schools there), usually indicates 40-45 miles when it starts flashing on my RS.

A fat boy breakfast @Fowlers is always a good thing  :037: (I'm up for that), Harry's Cafť was in the top ten bikers cafes last year along with Moto Corsa in Gillingham (not far 30m ish), Loomies in Petersfield & Chequered Flag in Liskeard.

The next bike night at Fowlers is Friday 6th Sept from 17:30 - 20:30 but of course the shop is open all day.,I'll be there from about 14:30 chillin with food/drink & chewing the fat...Ö  :008:

Hope to catch you sometime  :018: :305:
Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:11:19 PM by kes2463
Be you, not the image of you that everyone else says you are.

Offline gurninman

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Southampton
Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 02:05:30 PM
Congrats ! Mine was delivered yesterday, and as it was dry, I went out for an hour after work. No snatchy throttle at all - having owned an Aprilia with a horrendous throttle at low speed, the big RS is as smooth as Michael Buble gargling Baileys.

Offline owi

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Undeloh
Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 05:30:09 PM
*Originally Posted by halbie [+]
The blinking gauge comes on early. The range calculator on the digital part of the speedo is accurate.

But be careful - about 40 km before the end of gas the range will not be displayed anymore! Mighty irritating if you are desperate for the next gas station...

Offline MexicoMike

• Z900RS Pro
Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 05:35:51 PM
I ran into that "quirk!"   :034:  Does seem a bit of an odd way to manage being on "reserve."  But there was a gas station about 1 mile down the road after that occurred.  :082:
MexicoMike
2019 Z900RS Cafe (UK)