Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: What Are Your Most Enjoyed Benefits Of Your RS?  (Read 5881 times)

Offline giannig

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Brisbane
Re: What Are Your Most Enjoyed Benefits Of Your RS?
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2019, 11:40:36 AM »
I like that I donít have to be riding on the edge to enjoy it. Happy to plod along and just take everything in. My previous bike, the Brutale 800rr was a fire breathing animal always urging you on...

Offline NKOTB 900RS

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: West Sussex
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2019, 11:56:34 AM »
I also love the snarling noise it makes around the country roads. Now it's just about run-in the snarl from the motor is a joy to listen to. It's so responsive as well. Just love the bike. I just wish my buggered right hand would allow me to go further afield.  :110:
Kawasaki H1E; Triumph Bonneville Newchurch; Suzuki GSX1400
Triumph Thunderbird; Suzuki Bandit 600; Kawasaki GPZ500
Honda CB750W; Honda VTR500; Honda VTR250 (work hack)
Suzuki T250 (work hack); Kawasaki KH500; Laverda 750SF2
Yamaha RD200

Offline rickyb

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Candy z900rs
  • Town / City: Lincoln
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2019, 12:47:35 PM »
Totally agree-that growling snarl that develops into a howl is a bit addictive!
Suzuki uf50, HondaCG125 ,Triumph Daytona955i, KTM990smt.

Online OKZ

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Multiple bikes
  • Town / City: Edmond, OK
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2019, 04:40:10 PM »
For me it's the overall package. The Retro looks, the performance and the low initial cost (comparatively speaking). I have always wanted a 1970/80's KZ styled bike with fuel injection, modern suspension and brakes that handled well and ran strong, Walla! the Z900RS!  :028:
Technology: Man's ability to make simple things complicated.
2018 Z900RS - Hooligan bike
2019 BMW R1250GS - for travel and exploring

Offline kes2463

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS 2018 Black
  • Town / City: MelkshamWilts
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2019, 05:11:20 PM »
okz, I agree wholeheartedly, you've hit it spot on for me  :460: :305:
Be you, not the image of you that everyone else says you are.

Offline Larry

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2019, 05:58:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by giannig [+]
I like that I donít have to be riding on the edge to enjoy it. Happy to plod along and just take everything in. My previous bike, the Brutale 800rr was a fire breathing animal always urging you on...

Noted and agree. Other liter-class sporty bikes I've had would be sold after a year when I got so comfortable with them I'd get stupid every ride. With this one I'm rarely over 80 and if so only for a moments fun. Was not sure if because of the bike or just getting old. Of course I don't know how old you are so.....whatever I love the Z.

Offline Travelman

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS / FJR1300
  • Town / City: South Shields
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2019, 07:14:19 PM »
Yep, so many great things going for it.

I love the looks (though would like to see radiator disguised a bit, but thatís nit picking) and so do others as I find myself talking to interested people all the time.
Massively responsive and pulls from nowhere. Could do with taller gearing as I find first far too low, but easily addressed via sprockets.
Feels lighter and more nimble than the statistics suggest, with excellent handling.
Fuel economy is amazing.

Offline giannig

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Brisbane
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2019, 08:56:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Larry [+]
Noted and agree. Other liter-class sporty bikes I've had would be sold after a year when I got so comfortable with them I'd get stupid every ride. With this one I'm rarely over 80 and if so only for a moments fun. Was not sure if because of the bike or just getting old. Of course I don't know how old you are so.....whatever I love the Z.

Iím 51 but age hasnít slowed me down. Iíve only owned the Zed for 2 weeks and every time I look down at the speedo Iím pleasantly surprised to be going slower than I thought which means I have more chance of keeping my license. This is another benefit :-)

Offline Ozdriver

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Melbourne
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2019, 12:21:22 AM »
I had no intentions of buying a new bike as I was happy enough with my 1991 HD 1200 Sportster Iíve owned since near new, but when I saw the ďJaffaĒ in the showroom I couldnít take my eyes off it. I got a half hour test ride a few weeks later, but to be honest I wasnít totally impressed. Anyway, after another month I knew I wouldnít be happy until I bought one. I thought if I didnít like it I could sell it.

Anyway, after 18 months and 16,000 kms Iíve got to say Iím totally smitten with it. I got on the HD for the first time in a year and it felt like an old tractor. I just love how smooth the engine is, the fact you can look in the mirrors and you can see everything without them vibrating like the HD, the comfort, the sound (Iím not going to change anything on the exhaust, itís great as it is), and of course the looks.

Mineís had the occasional problem, but I wonít be selling it. Kawasaki has done a really good job and they know their target buyer.

Online Otown

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Ottawa
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2019, 02:41:20 PM »
I think for me the best part of my Z is that it never leaves me needing more. For me and the type of riding I do this bike has been a bottom of the ninth grand slam. It handles the back road twisties perfectly for my skill level, in and out of traffic is a dream and leaving the light as it turns green on one wheel is what truly relaxes me.  If I could change anything I would probably add another 30hp, I would love it to lift the front tire just from opening the throttle in 1st 2nd and 3rd, but if it had another 30 I'd probably be wishing it had 30 more. It has enough aftermarket parts that I can customize it to my own tastes as well.  The overall quality is great and it is the best bike I have ridden ( I do have very limited  experience however). I'll be parking it for the winter within the next week or two and this has been an amazing riding season with my Z, and I am already anxious to get it out again in the spring with the new mods I've ordered already. I hope everyone enjoys their bike as much as I enjoy mine. :305: