Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Poll

Best headers - yet another time, this time a poll. (Price vs Gains)

LeoVince ~382£
Arrow ~550£
Akrapovic ~550£
Delkevic ~270£
BlackWidow ~305£
Mivv ~435£
Stock
Other

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Best headers poll  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Maxacceleration

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '19 Cafe RR
  • Town / City: Central Wa
Re: Best aftermarket headers poll
Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 05:20:08 PM
*Originally Posted by Killer_01 [+]
...I feel like this topic is getting off the rails, I see almost no discussion about what aftermarket headers are best..

Like oil... which exhaust is best, is subjective. There is no conclusive facts of a dyno header shoot out, side to side.
Different day, different dyno and different ambient conditions all will give skewed results.
What Brock shows for gains with a pipe and dyno time is almost not believable. Gains like that are so very rare. Bu if you buy in to that, maybe Brock is the best. Although it may not be a torque pipe.
Different brands, bends, sizes & restrictions net different results.

I think Akrapovic is the best made and best results pipe. But it looks too stock for me.
Zard is an interesting looking pipe and they usually work well.
I went a roadrace pipe for looks, and tight fit. It will never drag. It has period correct looks. As it is not a mainstream exhaust, who knows on what kind of power it makes.
Its mapped and hauls ass through the gears to 130 mph.  :001:

Good luck in your decision!
Old is new again

Online bansheebeat

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Bangkok
Re: Best headers poll
Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 03:46:07 PM
Did anyone decat their pipes? Was it difficult? Worthwhile?

Offline Notsoaverageguy

• Forum Supporter
    and Approved Vendor
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Cafe 900
  • Town / City: Sandiego
Reply #22 on: September 20, 2020, 04:55:08 PM
I did, and JUST de catted my bike. By that I mean I got rid of the guts of the cat, and took out all the baffles, but built a mid pipe that has exhaust padding rapped around it. I cut the width out of the bread box made it slimmer to keep the jacking point under the bike available. So you canít see the mid pipe because itís hidden inside the bread box. Most people might not notice the thinner bread box (by design). So if down the road they make a law against modification I should be good. Not the real reason I did it that way. My reasons for the modification was I wanted the same ďtoneĒ just a little louder. I bought my RS based ON the fact I loved the looks of the stock exhaust, and still do. I think my bike sounds great for me.
BTW I am working with Competition Werkes and am having a de-cat pipe made for our bikes (stainless with beautiful welds) to bolt on with stock end can and with one of theirs. I have run there exhaust on all my ninjas, super duke and my sons GSXRs. If you want LOUD stay tuned when I start offering them from my vendor link.
Also there are pics of my de-cat somewhere here if you look for it.
Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler!
(Albert Einstein)

Offline davidspyridon

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Waynesville
Reply #23 on: September 29, 2020, 03:09:04 AM
Well, I pulled the trigger on performance upgrades from BROCK PERFORMANCE.....this guy has his shop about 20 minutes from where I live.....check him out at brocksperformance.com....this guy is truly a nationally known racing pro.  All designed and tested at his facility in Beavercreek, Ohio

1.BROCK'S FULL HEADER SYSTEM  in ceracote black with 20" can and 2.5 inch exhaust
2.ECU FLASH WITH FUEL MAP  by Doug Guhl/Brock's
3. VELOCITY STACKS
4. RACING INTAKE FILTER
5. LOWERING LINK up to -3
6. FENDER ELIMINATOR
7. FRONT FENDER EXTENDER

This is Brock on his dyno with his 'STUPID FAST' setup......Great vintage sound and DYNO'S AT ALMOST 120 RWHP.

:047: :046: :152: :062: :005: