Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: T-Rex Racing Dallas Texas - Anyone ever buy from them?  (Read 649 times)

Offline sklover

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 18 Candytone
  • Town / City: bothell
T-Rex Racing Dallas Texas - Anyone ever buy from them?
« on: July 11, 2019, 08:10:29 PM »
They have a bunch of Z900RS specific parts.  There's mixed feedback, including some quite negative stuff.  I would like to know, please, if anyone out there has ever dealt with them.  I'm still agonizing about what frame sliders or engine guards and front/rear axle sliders.  I wish this was an easier process.  Thanks in advance.

David

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
Re: T-Rex Racing Dallas Texas - Anyone ever buy from them?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 11:21:56 PM »
Yes, I've bought from them, I bought the spool adapters/swingarm sliders for my Honda CB500X. Nice stuff, but one hole could've been better aligned. What I like about their Z900RS stuff is that they explicitly state they include high grade bolts. That's not always the case with some of the overpriced crash bars and sliders and most of those things mount to engine mounts, replacing the OEM bolts, so quality is a strong concern there. They're a small outfit and I think their products are pretty decent.

Offline RS900SJT

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: San Angelo
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 09:18:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by sklover [+]
They have a bunch of Z900RS specific parts.  There's mixed feedback, including some quite negative stuff.  I would like to know, please, if anyone out there has ever dealt with them.  I'm still agonizing about what frame sliders or engine guards and front/rear axle sliders.  I wish this was an easier process.  Thanks in advance.

David

I have bought from them.  I really like their 6point mount engine bar that wen on with no fuss.  Plus, I live in Texas so it arrived over-night.  Bad news is... I live in Texas so I had to pay the Tax.

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 10:44:02 PM »
I recently bought and installed their axle sliders and the exhaust slider. I don't like their frame slider and the bars I've not been convinced by. Your setup doesn't look too bad, could you share more pics?

Offline RS900SJT

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: San Angelo
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 03:17:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Hillie [+]
I recently bought and installed their axle sliders and the exhaust slider. I don't like their frame slider and the bars I've not been convinced by. Your setup doesn't look too bad, could you share more pics?

The cage has replaceable sliders bolted to the bottom.  The only way to know if they work is to... well... you know.  I'm not gonna do that.

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 05:06:00 AM »
Really? You wouldn't do that for us? ;)

I know they have sliders on the bars, which is an interesting solution. They also have sliders, that have a weird shape. I'm not fully combined by the bars yet, but thank you for the extra picture!