Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Strange rattle after cleaning/relubing chain?  (Read 8803 times)

Offline hansvdc

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Oudenaarde
Re: Strange rattle after cleaning/relubing chain?
« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2019, 05:41:15 AM »
why didnt you exchange the chain too? let me know if that helps, I am waiting for my next service to swap the whole set. Yes it is Ďjustí a noise until you hear it and constantly focus on it like I do 😒

Offline fwj

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Stuttgart
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2019, 05:07:20 AM »
Hans, my dealer wanted to find out what causes the noise. He couldnít imagine that itís the chain, so he wanted to do it step by step. Now we know, itís not the sprocket.  Chain would be next, but unfortunately on my account. Now I donít know if I should invest in a new chain plus rear sprocket because my dealer assured me, everything is safe as it is. Just a noise.

Offline hansvdc

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Oudenaarde
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2019, 06:30:41 AM »
same here, they also say it is just that. my buddy came over last night with his z900rs and we compared chains, we had a feeling his rollers were a lot more fluid and loose than mine. mine feel a bit sticky, when tring to turn them with my fingers there is a noticeable resistance, his roll around very smoothly. I still think it is the chain but we both will only know for sure after changing it. I have no means for now to do this soon, so very interested what you will do