Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: USA doesn't get Matt Green model, how can I get the green tank and tail  (Read 661 times)

Offline Stopper90004

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Los Angeles
I am in L. A. and about to pull the trigger on a black 2018 leftover model. I desperately want the Matt Green version sold in the UK. Is there a way to obtain the pre-finished tank, side panels and tail from a dealer or parts supplier elsewhere and ship them over ?... Or will I have to pay for an expensive paint job?  Here is the color scheme I'm looking for photos.z900rs.co.uk/chig

Offline RetroZ

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900rs
  • Town / City: Glasgow
I would have thought that respraying a black model would work out a lot cheaper than buying new parts from Kawasaki. Then you could get it sprayed any colour you like, 'cause all the custom painted ones in the UK were resparayed matt green ones because it has not sold well. As soon as they respray them any other colour they are sold in only two days.

Offline bubba_zanetti

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Seattle
I used to want the matte green too until i saw it from a different angle and more photos of it and something clicked in my brain deciding it was ugly..

hopefully for 2020 kawi brings more colors like an emerald green or something.

Offline Y2K18

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Kawi Z900RS
  • Town / City: Raleigh, NC
Factory painted replacement parts are crazy high. Having it repainted or swapping with someone are the only realist options.

Offline Larry

• Z900RS Pro
What about getting it wrapped? Comes time to sell you'll be back to a perfect factory paint job when you peel it off. I don't have any experience with the stuff but it would seem the tank and tail would be easy enough shapes to work with.

Offline Otown

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Ottawa
*Originally Posted by Larry [+]
What about getting it wrapped? Comes time to sell you'll be back to a perfect factory paint job when you peel it off. I don't have any experience with the stuff but it would seem the tank and tail would be easy enough shapes to work with.

If you wrap the tank just be careful when fuelling, if any gas gets to the glue it will cause  it to peel.

Offline ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Oshawa
I know a wrap was mentioned but what about Plasti-dip. They have a MATT GREEN and you can spray it yourself. If you don't like it easy to peel it off and no glue to worry about...and it will protect the black paint so if you decide to sell in a year (or so) you can peel off the MATT plasti-dip and presto...a nice new shiny paint!

Just a thought?

:305: :821:
81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
84 Honda CB750SC Nighthawk S (Canadian Model)
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Offline Otown

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Ottawa
I used platidip on a few parts on my old bike and it was a better alternative than wrapping for the parts I was changing (headlight bezel, speedo bezel etc..) not sure if it would be the same problem if you sprayed a tank and got some gas on it. But for $10-$15 for a can it would be worth a try. I know some people plati dip entire cars/trucks.

Offline Stopper90004

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Los Angeles
Thanks for all these suggestions guys. I forgot about plastic wraps. I'll look into these and update you if I pull the trigger.