Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Chain question  (Read 2624 times)

Offline silverjoe

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Black
  • Town / City: Alberta
Re: Chain question
Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 04:28:00 AM
Yeah I know what you mean.

Offline Michael_A

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Odessa
Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 06:52:48 PM
According to the factory manual, the chains appear to be made by EK (http://ekchains.com/index.html). So they are of a quality manufacturer. Their part number for the Z900RS chains indicate it is a Kawasaki proprietary item (not surprising) and appears that it uses an "X" type ring going by the part number placement. It's not cheap Chinese junk, FWIW.

Offline RetroZ

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900rs
  • Town / City: Glasgow
Reply #12 on: June 21, 2020, 07:19:56 PM
*Originally Posted by Michael_A [+]
According to the factory manual, the chains appear to be made by EK (http://ekchains.com/index.html). So they are of a quality manufacturer. Their part number for the Z900RS chains indicate it is a Kawasaki proprietary item (not surprising) and appears that it uses an "X" type ring going by the part number placement. It's not cheap Chinese junk, FWIW.

Yet mine shows more surface rust than a 70's Lancia if you don't keep it liberally oiled? Not the best quality chain I've ever seen.

Offline Andyb1962

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Jaffa
  • Town / City: Rotherham
Reply #13 on: June 21, 2020, 09:13:50 PM
Mine was rusty from new . I complained to the dealer . He made a note and lubed it . I take good care of it . Two winters and 7K mile later chain still in good condition and no rust.