I have ordered the reduced reach seat for my Cafe. For a couple of reasons.
1) For a more comfortable surface for the wife, on admittedly lunch only type rides. She will putt around town with me.
2) For a better, more level surface for a tail bag. The Cafe seat does not lend itself well for holding a tail bag in place.
Very soon I aim to regional tour on my Cafe (credit card/motel travel).
3) I hope the lowered cockpit might lend itself well for strafing the curves.
4) To me (and I'm not positive about this), the Cafe seat hump interrupts the tank to tail lines on the bike.
You look at many superbikes builds and most have a standard seat with a lowered rider position. A visual thing.
5) While touring with a tail bag, I can beat on (or scuff) the reduced reach seat while the original seat stays at home in mint condition. I'm weird like that.
Just a detail change for a bike I am truly enjoying, both while riding, and visually.