Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Your Best Acceleration Contest!  (Read 3032 times)

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
Re: Your Best Acceleration Contest!
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2019, 12:52:33 AM »
Well, I did it Max.  I was tooling along around 85 on a nice empty Ďtwo lanes in each directioní kinda road...in Mexico today  :008: when a red Ferrari roadster passed me.  There was a stoplight ahead leading to an even more empty road...in Mexico, and I got ahead of him at the light.  He was right behind me in my lane so he couldnít go until I did.  And I did!  Left hard and shifted at 9,500 rpms in every gear pulling the front end up nicely in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.  He was hanging with me all the way (behind) and went around me right after I shifted into 6th at about 125+.  The acceleration was great and the sound also.  When he went around I wished Iíd had my Hayabusa but to outrun a Ferrari all the way to 125 was very very sweet!

Offline Maxacceleration

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '19 Cafe RR
  • Town / City: Central Wa
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2019, 03:03:09 AM »
CaliZed.... Congrats!!! I knew you had it in you.  :028: Funny how these tings come up kind of impromptu. That guy will know forever that a standard looking Kawi can out run him up to a certain speed. Some of these modern cars can really go these days. I bet a modern Vette might be even faster.
I'm glad you got it out of your system... in Mexico no less!  :062:  Cheers friend.
Old is new again

Offline Salnap

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Massachusetts
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2019, 11:48:31 AM »
DING DING DING we have a winner!! :020:

ive never had an opportunity to toy with a car like that.
 hell, i havent had an open road to twist up to 9.5 in every gear either...

i was getting on it a little bit on a short ride yesterday. i love this bike
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 11:53:25 AM by Salnap »

Offline Mastrocinque

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Kawa Z900-RS Brown
  • Town / City: S„o Paulo
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 04:27:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by CaliZed9 [+]
Left hard and shifted at 9,500 rpms in every gear pulling the front end up nicely in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. 

Just out of curiosity....what KTRC mode were you in?
Paulo Mastrocinque

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2019, 05:17:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mastrocinque [+]
Just out of curiosity....what KTRC mode were you in?

Mode one

Online Ozdriver

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Melbourne
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2019, 12:40:49 PM »
Iíve had mine absolutely flat out at a couple of Phillip Island trackdays, which is one of the fastest tracks in the world with some very fast curves. Itís pretty quick up to 200 km/h in 5th, especially with the Translogic quickshifter I fitted recently,  but a little slower accelerating after that. But to get everything in perspective, Iíve hired their 2018 BMW S1000RR track bikes which are set up for dedicated track use with race exhaust, no lights etc. Now if youíre talking fast bikes, that is a fast bike. I must admit I backed off at 280 km/h, but on the data logger the last guy clocked 295, and it isnít a particularly long straight. The acceleration is astounding.

Offline JasonKing

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900rs Cafe
  • Town / City: Marineville
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2019, 01:05:27 PM »
0-60 in 3.2 seconds, no hang on that was a car :084:

Offline Maxacceleration

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: '19 Cafe RR
  • Town / City: Central Wa
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2019, 05:17:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ozdriver [+]
Iíve had mine absolutely flat out at a couple of Phillip Island trackdays, which is one of the fastest tracks in the world with some very fast curves. Itís pretty quick up to 200 km/h in 5th, especially with the Translogic quickshifter I fitted recently,  but a little slower accelerating after that.

Thats a good acceleration contest Ozdriver!  :028: Thats what the race track is all about.  :020:

Have you done a write up, and maybe a link to the quickshifter??

And lastly, sounds like 200 km/h or 125 mph is where the Kawi gets to quickly, and slows after that - several people have said this.
A few have said this bike is slow... Being detuned to 110 hp apprx... I would say its 110 hp fast!
So what I get is... some think the bike is slow, while others never really get into their power at all.
I would like to hit 135 mph, but, my opportunity to do that is very slim. I will be happy with rippin' it through the gears to 100-110 mph.

My latest fun has been running around with my friend on an Aprilia V2 Tuono (my ex bike). We have had some good cat and mouse rides. Two wild looking bikes together also.

More stories guys!
Old is new again

Online Ozdriver

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Melbourne
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2019, 02:52:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Maxacceleration [+]
Thats a good acceleration contest Ozdriver!  :028: Thats what the race track is all about.  :020:

Have you done a write up, and maybe a link to the quickshifter??

Thereís a link here to the quickshifter. I didnít add anything to it because I didnít have anything to add! Other than that I experimented with the factory settings but went back to the original.

https://www.z900rs.co.uk/index.php/topic,943.0.html

Offline peter88

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2019 JAFFA
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2019, 12:44:47 PM »
The top speed of this bike is not the point, it has been tuned for mid range grunt & it has power everywhere it is needed imo. Ride the Z in the mountains & twisties and it is perfectly tuned, if you want a fast bike (meaning top end speed) you bought the wrong bike for the wrong purpose. My last bike was a 170hp Aprilia Tuono but even after coming from the Ape, the Z feels great.  It has been tuned for its purpose and it works very well.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 12:47:03 PM by peter88 »