Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: What did you do to your Zed today?  (Read 135745 times)

Brads, Mero, lmullisz1, TwoSerious and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Seventies four e

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Staffs
Re: What did you do to your Zed today?
Reply #940 on: October 24, 2020, 10:40:09 PM
*Originally Posted by Karami [+]
It is pretty much the end of riding season here. We had a excellent day riding yesterday so I decided to call it good and park it for the winter. It will probably stay there until March next year. At least I get to enjoy looking at it.
And yes, I do love my wife very much,. :015:

Absolute quality post karami

Offline nick

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Trussville
Reply #941 on: October 25, 2020, 01:38:07 AM
*Originally Posted by Karami [+]
It is pretty much the end of riding season here. We had a excellent day riding yesterday so I decided to call it good and park it for the winter. It will probably stay there until March next year. At least I get to enjoy looking at it.
And yes, I do love my wife very much,. :015:

You may love your wife, but if those are her legs we're seeing in the pic, I believe the body language I'm picking up is (you son of a b***) J/K man. Great Post! I'm going to show this one off to some of my riding buddies to get a kick out of where to store their bikes!

Offline Karami

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900RS SE
  • Town / City: Delta, Ontario CA
Reply #942 on: October 25, 2020, 01:35:17 AM
*Originally Posted by BASS 666 [+]
i have mine in the living room as well lol .... tested my new stand out today  say it is very easy to use ....

Love that stand. That's an Abba right? I was looking into those, but they were difficult and expensive to get in my neck of the woods.

@ nick & Seventies four e
Thanks for the comments.

(at the risk of going off topic...) Best wife ever. We've been together for more than 30 years.
In fact, this is us on my first bike, back in the 80's. Good times.

Offline Dirty Dave

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 2018 Jaffa
  • Town / City: Montreal
Reply #943 on: October 25, 2020, 10:41:39 AM
Not difficult to get.

Shipped from the UK for about $300 Cdn.
18 Z900RS Jaffa
97 Honda Valkyrie
79 Honda GoldWing

Online BASS 666

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2020 z900rs
  • Town / City: Belfast
Reply #944 on: October 25, 2020, 11:32:49 AM
like dirty dave says ... easy to get in the UK .... :164:

Offline T1m32sh1n3

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Pataskala
Reply #945 on: October 27, 2020, 10:56:56 AM
Karami, those hard wood beams that run along the ceiling, reclaimed wood?

Offline Karami

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900RS SE
  • Town / City: Delta, Ontario CA
Reply #946 on: October 27, 2020, 12:21:04 PM
*Originally Posted by T1m32sh1n3 [+]
Karami, those hard wood beams that run along the ceiling, reclaimed wood?

No, the living room used to be a barn attached to the house, which we renovated it in '08. The beams are original to the barn. We used them to support the second floor, where our bedrooms and bathroom now is. The house is from 1849. In fact, this is where I live.

Offline Entropy

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Member
  • Bike: SV650AL7 2020 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Cleethorpes
Reply #947 on: October 27, 2020, 01:06:32 PM
I admire the elegant storage arrangements for your bike.  I ride all year when it's dry (ish), the problem I had was with condensation in my pre-fab concrete garage.  Water would drip off the bikes and when I had a Triumph, every switch had a problem at some point.  My original garage was old so I had a new one built but it wasn't unusual for the rH in the new garage to be 85-90% (October-March).  I decided to make an "oxygen tent" with a dessicant dehumidifier inside, both bikes sit on dollies, nose to tail.  The humidity is set to 60% rH which seems to be low enough to stop stainless headers from developing the tarnish spots.  It's not pretty but it works.

The Zed is sitting behind the SV, the white box behind the SV front wheel is the dehumidifier.  I used to have to open up the plastic to empty the water tank every 36 hours but I recently added the tubing to the washing up bowl so it will now run unattended for several days.  Eventually, I'll continue the plumbing to the outside - the garage manufacturer says drilling the walls invalidates the warranty but I have an electrical ingress point near the front I'll be able to use as a drain.  I miss the low humidity of CA and having a double garage.

Offline Oop North John

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: NE Scotland
Reply #948 on: October 27, 2020, 01:36:10 PM
I have a similar problem up in the north of Scotland, Entropy, I have thought about getting one of these bags for the long and usually fairly damp winters:

https://www.vac-bag.co.uk/motorcycle-vac-bags.html

Offline Entropy

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Member
  • Bike: SV650AL7 2020 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Cleethorpes
Reply #949 on: October 27, 2020, 02:09:51 PM
*Originally Posted by Oop North John [+]
I have a similar problem up in the north of Scotland, Entropy, I have thought about getting one of these bags for the long and usually fairly damp winters:

https://www.vac-bag.co.uk/motorcycle-vac-bags.html

I know someone who uses them and he says they work great  - after I'd bought the dehumidifier.  Still, I need to be able to move the bikes around so they sit 90 to the car and pushed back as far they'll go and I'm not sure I could that in the VacBag.  The Suzuki is better set up for winter riding but on dry days (hah!) and if there's not too much salt on the roads I'll want to take the Zed out.  The way I have the tent set up - I lift the bottom edge of the polythene and clip it to the roof which allows me to pull out the nearest bike.

In theory, the dehumidifier (a Meaco Zambezi) is capable of dehumidifying the whole garage but I think it would be prohibitively expensive on electricity, hence the tent.  The dessicant dehumifiers work better than the compressor type at low temperatures (lower than 5C/41F) but use more electricity because they periodically heat the dessicant to dry it out.