Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: What did you do to your Zed today?  (Read 81624 times)

Offline CodyW100

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 18 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Cape May,NJ
Re: What did you do to your Zed today?
Reply #420 on: January 13, 2020, 11:21:31 AM
Today I made the switch from the US standard indicators to a set of Yoshimura sequentials. Really happy with my choice. These are anodized aluminum with a nice flexible base and I think they fit the bike very well. The sequential sequence really appeals to my eye and these are so bright they actually will melt your eye if fixated on. I also opted for Yoshs high mount indicator bracket to set the rear blinkers up a bit tighter to the tail. I picked up some TST industries wiring adaptors and also some adaptors for the front blinkers. I chose a blinker relay from superbrightleds referenced in a separate post on this forum and it worked flawlessly. I thought Id report here for anyone who may be considering upgrading from the factory garbage that the US spec Z900RS was given. However, the sequential version of these indicators is being discontinued to my knowledge and I think the only store that has any of these left are Yoshimura themselves until stock is gone.

Offline RainMan900

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900 RS
  • Town / City: Tallinn
Reply #421 on: January 14, 2020, 06:07:02 AM
Got my Remus silencer and Evotech crash protectors and spindle bobbins for my Zed. Now waiting for the bar end mirrors ;)

As the weather in here is quite miserable at the moment I had to take the pictures in my dark and messy garage.  :164:

Offline Evangelos K

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Z900RS cafe
  • Town / City: New Orleans METRO
Reply #422 on: January 14, 2020, 07:56:31 AM
Does the Remus come with a silencer?
Full side pic, pls.?
2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
2017 Honda CBR1000RR ABS
2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Offline ScottCC

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Tiptree
Reply #423 on: January 14, 2020, 10:27:39 AM
Realised theres a premium suspension shop 45 mins from where I live, so booked it in for a set up.

Offline ScottCC

• Z900RS Member
Reply #424 on: January 14, 2020, 03:30:34 PM
*Originally Posted by RainMan900 [+]
Got my Remus silencer and Evotech crash protectors and spindle bobbins for my Zed. Now waiting for the bar end mirrors ;)

As the weather in here is quite miserable at the moment I had to take the pictures in my dark and messy garage.  :164:

Glad to see a fellow covert green .... nice choice  :028:

Offline RainMan900

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900 RS
  • Town / City: Tallinn
Reply #425 on: January 14, 2020, 06:44:07 PM
*Originally Posted by Evangelos K [+]
Does the Remus come with a silencer?
Full side pic, pls.?

Nope, there's no removable silencer but the sound is not too loud.
 I don't have a better picture but i have a short video. Nice slippers, I know :D

Online silverjoe

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Black
  • Town / City: Alberta
Reply #426 on: January 14, 2020, 07:12:46 PM
It looks like you have the stock header, so the sound will not change much, but it does look good.
 For anyone running an aftermarket header the Akrapovic RS silencer has great flow and is much quieter than with the stock slip-on silencer.

Offline Ove

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: East of England
Reply #427 on: January 14, 2020, 10:31:51 PM
Decided I'm going to retire early in May. Then go on a trip in Europe. Will take the Z. Ordered a Puig 'up & down' screen to extend all day comfort. Fitted my sat nav to make sure it doesn't get in the way of the screen fittings and then fitted the screen tonight and it looks really sporty! Nice cut-through-the-wind angle but also doesn't damage the naked prettiness of the bike, IMO. I'm right pleased with the look and quality. Too windy tonight to try it out... hoping I dont get the dreaded helmet vibration.
Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 10:33:31 PM by Ove

Offline ScottCC

• Z900RS Member
Reply #428 on: January 14, 2020, 10:34:19 PM
*Originally Posted by Ove [+]
Decided I'm going to retire early in May. Then go on a trip in Europe. Will take the Z. Ordered a Puig 'up & down' screen to extend all day comfort. Fitted my sat nav to make sure it doesn't get in the way of the screen fittings and then fitted the screen tonight and it looks really sporty! Nice cut-through-the-wind angle but also doesn't damage the naked prettiness of the bike, IMO. I'm right pleased with the look and quality. Too windy tonight to try it out... hoping I dont get the dreaded helmet vibration.

Sounds like a great year ahead.... any pics of the screen in place?

Offline Ove

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: East of England
Reply #429 on: January 14, 2020, 10:44:07 PM
I'll take some, or as you're only 10 miles away...! I'm on Mersea Island  :305: