Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: What did you do to your Zed today?  (Read 26589 times)

5 ton, exhdrdr, flynbulldog, ScottCC, Toro and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline TwoSerious

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Elk Grove
Re: What did you do to your Zed today?
« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2019, 12:47:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by OKZ [+]
Washed the RS and waxed her (well kind of), I used a "wet applied sealant" (say what?) yep, a we applied sealant call Tech Shine found here: aerolon.com

I don't normally promote products because so many do a great job regarding shine and protection of your bike or auto. But, I have a  friend that is a detailing geek, and he goes to these big detail conventions and such and he came across this product that really impressed him. I picked up a bottle and tried it on my wife's car first. You wash vehicle, rinse well then use a large sponge applicator and liberally wipe Tech Shine on the whole vehicle, all plastics, trim, everything (I even wiped it on the wheels and tires). It's definitely easy to apply and a lot quicker than applying and removing traditional wax. You then rinse it again thoroughly and dry. I've since run her car through auto car washes and it has seen a lot of rain so far this year (applied Tech Shine to her car last Fall). Recently her car was extremely dirty from driving it in the rain so I hand washed it this weekend and was impressed with how easy it cleaned up and how shiny it is. Pretty impressive really, so I hand washed the RS the other night and decided to try the Tech Shine on the whole bike. Yep, everything I could wipe down with the sponge applicator has Tech Shine on it (minus the tires). All I can say is it is as shiny as ever and I know it will clean up easy based on my experience with my wife's car.

Really you should try it! I give this product a multiple thumbs up!  :028: :028: :028: :028: :028: :028: :028: :028: :028: :028: :028:

Washed my car and bike. Had used Tech Shine on both and after a months time with the car being out in the sun and dirt, still beaded up when I washed it and had a nice shine. Definitely recommend this product as well!

Offline Dirty Dave

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Montreal
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2019, 05:56:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by TwoSerious [+]
Replaced the Akrapovic with the factory slip-on. Like the look better. Also let my buddy ride the zed. He's currently looking at getting a Vulcan S though lol.

Notice any difference in the sound/volume?
18 Z900RS Jaffa
97 Honda Valkyrie
79 Honda GoldWing

Offline TwoSerious

• Z900RS Member
« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2019, 02:49:07 AM »
Not much they sound about the same.

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
« Reply #273 on: October 17, 2019, 03:42:28 AM »
I was out on a very long section of a rough and bumpy country road just cruising along between 45-55 mph in 6th gear and I began hearing a loud raspy fluttering kind of sound from down below.  It wasnít the intake growl or the exhaust bark, but seemed to be coming from the Cat, as though something inside that huge breadbox was being jostled around.  On a very smooth road the sound went away and in the lower gears it wasnít noticeable but then, there are the other regular sounds.  Are there flap(s) inside that normally react to the exhaust being channeled thru (doing whatever the Cat is supposed to do) that couldíve become dislodged and (thatís) what Iím hearing?  Itís not a metal to metal sound but a fluttering metal in a can kind of sound  :008:.  Itís not really funny but Iím having a hard time describing it (and) my warranty ends in a month if I donít buy an extension. 

Offline TwoSerious

• Z900RS Member
« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2019, 03:55:58 AM »
Have you tried taking down the header and shaking it? Maybe the internals are actually dislodged

Offline calamarichris

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Cafe, W650, ZX9R, SR
  • Town / City: Carlsbad, California
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2019, 05:47:27 AM »
I rode 120 miles so that my Z900RS had the requisite 600 miles for its first service. Then I went for a pleasure ride that got cut short when a pothole on a sharp corner caught my front tire and put a golfball-sized blister in my tire.  I didn't notice it at first, but at each sharp-right curve, I felt the blip-blip-blip of the blister on the road. Back to the dealership for another -$156.  Still a lot cheaper than a visit to the ER.

Also got it over 100mph for the first time. It's a neat bike, but feels a bit pipey. I might as well learn more this throttle tamer I've seen mentioned in here.
If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2019, 05:56:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by calamarichris [+]
I rode 120 miles so that my Z900RS had the requisite 600 miles for its first service. Then I went for a pleasure ride that got cut short when a pothole on a sharp corner caught my front tire and put a golfball-sized blister in my tire.  I didn't notice it at first, but at each sharp-right curve, I felt the blip-blip-blip of the blister on the road. Back to the dealership for another -$156.  Still a lot cheaper than a visit to the ER.

Also got it over 100mph for the first time. It's a neat bike, but feels a bit pipey. I might as well learn more this throttle tamer I've seen mentioned in here.

Do the ECU flash, it makes it run a lot nicer. Good thing you fixed the tire, better a few bucks spent on maintenance before you have to spend big ones on parts and medical!

Offline calamarichris

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Cafe, W650, ZX9R, SR
  • Town / City: Carlsbad, California
« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2019, 04:53:05 PM »
Last night I had the sweetest ride home from school ever. I used to dread riding that stupid BMW (F800GT) because that poor little engine was fighting itself to keep up with the Southern California freeway traffic (the speed limit signs are an inside joke here) . And sometimes I've made the commute on the electric bike (Zero SR) or beloved '02 ZX9R, but this bike is so sweet! Silky smooth, and I'm getting about 50mpg doing 80mph (with the 16t, naturally.)

I usually prefer to keep a bike stock, because most jet-kits, "dyno-tuners", and aftermarket pipe types tend to solve any problems by simply throwing more fuel at them, killing the fuel efficiency, making the exhaust stink, and generally trading 10mph for an extra 3hp.
If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
« Reply #278 on: October 22, 2019, 06:12:13 PM »
How do you like the Zero?

Offline Stinkycheezmonky

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: '18 Rootbeer
  • Town / City: Lebanon, PA USA
« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2019, 10:11:41 PM »
Popped a 2nd gear wheelie last night, just because.