Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: What did you do to your Zed today?  (Read 19263 times)

Online Evangelos K

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Z900RS cafe
  • Town / City: New Orleans METRO
Re: What did you do to your Zed today?
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2019, 03:42:29 AM »
This is my main question: does it add 1000 rpm to the redline, and is the The now sustained HP in that range obvious?  Thatís what I wanna know.  :001:
2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2019, 05:34:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Evangelos K [+]
This is my main question: does it add 1000 rpm to the redline,

Supposedly, didn't test it out yet, but I'm not really a red line rider.

and is the The now sustained HP in that range obvious?  Thatís what I wanna know.  :001:

Don't know. What was obvious to me was the extra oomph during acceleration. It just picked up faster and accelerated better. Big plus for me.

Overall, I'd recommend it. This $300 gave me quite a lot of benefits: 
- better acceleration
- more stable temperature
- smoother throttle
- so far seemingly no mileage impact
- redline moved up, although I haven't tested it and it's not really a big concern to me.

I'm using the stock exhaust and have no plans to replace it.

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #242 on: September 07, 2019, 04:28:24 AM »
Today I received a few bits and pieces from T-Rex Racing in Dallas. I ordered the front and rear axle slider, plus the exhaust slider. Good quality hardware, the sliders look decent and the install was straightforward. I want to install a frame slider at some point, but I didn't like their offering. I like the Sato Racing ones better, just going by looks.

edit: Regarding the ECU flash redline increase, yes, it appears to have more RPM headroom, so you can rev it higher. Haven't tried out where the rev limiter kicks in now, but the needle went into the red without issue.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:30:54 AM by Hillie »

Offline Grizzlykiller

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z1 900
  • Town / City: Anchorage
« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2019, 04:48:53 AM »
Rode it

Offline Mastrocinque

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Kawa Z900-RS Brown
  • Town / City: S„o Paulo
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2019, 05:14:46 PM »
Took advantage of the fact that I needed to visit my parents and rode the Z to their home.

Got to be careful with that dogs on the background. They like to pee on the wheels sometimes  :157:
Paulo Mastrocinque

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
« Reply #245 on: September 09, 2019, 03:27:16 AM »
Got in a spectacular 200 miler in and out of the Park today.  Didnít stop much to take pics.  Traffic was high inside but great in the foothills.  Some bigazz Ďrocksí in the park... :008:

Offline sklover

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 18 Candytone
  • Town / City: bothell
« Reply #246 on: September 11, 2019, 05:46:48 AM »
Changed the oil for the first time.  Not counting the dealer change with the 600 mi service.  Was easy to do.  At 3850 mi, first one was at 800+ so just over 3000.  Put in Mobil1 synthetic bike oil 10-40.  I changed the filter and put in exactly 4 quarts.  Now looking at the oil level window, she's half way between the low and high marks?  Every time I've looked at her she's been right at the top line.  This checking is done while she's up on the factory center stand.  I guess I need to look at the level off the center stand.  But maybe she was over filled since I've had her?  Hopefully not.

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #247 on: September 11, 2019, 07:17:10 AM »
You're fine. The center stand will keep the bike level left to right and maybe a little skewed front to back, but that'll be ready to see in the level window. Usually it's not that big of a problem and you can mentally compensate for it.

Oil change is pretty straightforward. Do you have a lift? I love doing this kind of work on my lift instead of on the garage floor. :002:

Offline sklover

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 18 Candytone
  • Town / City: bothell
« Reply #248 on: September 11, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »
Garage floor.   :002:  20 years ago I was seriously considering a real lift - I strongly had the road race car bug, but it would've meant raising the roof of my detached garage so it never got done.  I'm used to the floor.  My concern is that it was over filled since I've had her.  I put in 4 qts, the manual says capacity w/filter change 4 qts so I was expecting it to be right to the top line.  I'm probably just being mental but it seemed like it was revving slower on my post oil change 20 mi check out ride than before.  Most likely that can't be.

Offline exhdrdr

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900RS
  • Town / City: Silver City, N.M.
« Reply #249 on: September 11, 2019, 05:05:43 PM »
I've changed my oil three times now and 4 quarts plus filter brings the level up to halfway. One change I put in a little more  than 4 quarts from a 4 liter bottle of motul and it came up nearer to full.