Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: What did you do to your Zed today?  (Read 31897 times)

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold CA.
Re: What did you do to your Zed today?
Reply #210 on: August 13, 2019, 12:11:36 AM
*Originally Posted by debby [+]
Ordered some goodies from partzilla today: centerstand kit, 16 tooth sprocket, oil filter and crush washer. I'll do the 600 mile service myself.

Still on my shopping list: fender extender, radiator guard. Guess I'll avoid the OEM and those Chinese ones.

The genuine OEM Kawasaki oil filter is made in China! :008:

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS (black)
  • Town / City: Camas
Reply #211 on: August 13, 2019, 03:31:14 AM
The OEM radiator guard is a waste of money. I would've installed it if I didn't get mine all bent up, but it's honestly not worth the money they ask. Even Partzilla's discounted price is about 3 times too high.

A lot of stuff is made in China. You can get quality and crap made in China, it just depends on what the manufacturer pays for.

Offline TallyRex

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: 900 Root Beer, V1K
  • Town / City: Tallahassee
Reply #212 on: August 13, 2019, 11:43:19 AM
My R&G radiator guard fit perfectly, comes with foam strips to cushion the guard between it and the radiator.  Pricey but top quality

Offline Dirty Dave

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Montreal
Reply #213 on: August 13, 2019, 12:29:04 PM
Went with a Chinese knock-off with a 900RS cutout. Fit after a little battle but had to leave the aluminum side panels off to fit.
Looks good without.

Got rid of the breadbox under the Z on the weekend by installing the Akrapovic header. Talk about air flow out of the exhaust.
I understand why I have to do another ECU flash. Not too noisy at idle. Bit of a bark when you twist the throttle with stock muffler.
Will install block-offs soon.
18 Z900RS Jaffa
97 Honda Valkyrie
79 Honda GoldWing

Offline halbie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Portland
Reply #214 on: August 13, 2019, 09:06:15 PM
Blasted through 10,000 miles!

Offline sklover

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 18 Candytone
  • Town / City: bothell
Reply #215 on: August 14, 2019, 07:06:37 AM
Halbie you are a machine.  I wouldn't be able to ride (much less walk)  the next day after a day like yours.  I blasted thru 2000 miles today, actually put her away with exactly 2100 on the clock.  though as I am wont to remind myself, that's a noticeable stretch since the speedo is off between 3 - 4 mph too optimistic so the mileage must be too.  Guess Kawa just wants all the mileage warranties to expire early :001:  I'm no longer a wergin, Rode in the rain for the first time in 33 years.  Didn't enjoy it any more this time.  It was brief.  Big ozone smell, I was waiting for the thunder.  Went from sea level to 6440 feet elevation and back on a mean snake with numerous 15 mph u turns.  The descent was felt in my forearms.  It's a lot of work riding roads like that.  I was in super chill mode today, letting all manner of vehicles by.  At one stop a guy with a big HD told me he was considering getting a Zed, thinks they're really cool.  I didn't disagree.  What else, I went to clean my windshield with a wet paper towel and whatever I "cleaned" - bird sh#t with a mini stone in it? - left a permanent big scratch on my shield.  I just can't win...  Oh yeah, all the radiator guard talk lately, I forgot to include that in my mods list, I got the Kawa one at the Partszilla price :002: and it fit exactly perfectly..

Offline Oop North John

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: NE Scotland
Reply #216 on: August 14, 2019, 08:13:57 AM
*Originally Posted by sklover [+]
  I blasted thru 2000 miles today, actually put her away with exactly 2100 on the clock.  though as I am wont to remind myself, that's a noticeable stretch since the speedo is off between 3 - 4 mph too optimistic so the mileage must be too.  Guess Kawa just wants all the mileage warranties to expire early :001:

Just about every recent bike that I've owned has had an optimistic speedo, but the odometer has been spot on.

Online Killer_01

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS Café
  • Town / City: Lisbon
Reply #217 on: August 14, 2019, 09:00:44 AM
*Originally Posted by Oop North John [+]
Just about every recent bike that I've owned has had an optimistic speedo, but the odometer has been spot on.

That's just not possible.

Offline sklover

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 18 Candytone
  • Town / City: bothell
Reply #218 on: August 15, 2019, 04:43:42 AM
As I was riding along a scenic river road I watched 4 parachutists jump out of a small plane directly in my line of vision, and for a while I was a distracted rider watching them glide down.  They all deployed chutes immediately after jumping.  Cool to watch.  Made my 'adrenaline monster' between my legs seem pretty tame  :018:  I also got to practice ridership, I got stopped at a light on a 45 degree uphill (Duh!)

btw - I agree with the above post, the odo and speedo have to be tied, a single function...

Online Hillie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Camas
Reply #219 on: August 19, 2019, 02:03:07 AM
Just noticed I went past 3k miles, now just over 3100. Not too shabby in 2 months. It's a fun bike to ride still. :002:

Changed the oil today, went from Motul 5100 to 7100, from semi to full synth. The 7100 smells like some sweet synthetic fruit candy, cherry maybe? Red color instead of green. Oh well, who cares, as long as it works. OEM Kawasaki filter. And while it was on the lift, I always lift the rear and do a chain clean and lube, took off the sprocket cover as well and cleaned some crud out. Sprockets still look good and the front one was nice and clean, surprisingly. Also took the lift opportunity to clean the bread box a bit and the headers. It looks like a shiny new(-ish) bike again, with a clean and oiled chain.