Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Z900RS Cafe "light" Touring Solution  (Read 752 times)

Offline BMHS

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: West Bend, WI
Re: Z900RS Cafe "light" Touring Solution
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 05:19:50 AM »
Guys,
I think some of you , I saying this politely, missed the point.  When I designed this light touring set-up, the whole point was that it's remove able in about a minute.  The second requirement was that my riding with the bags would not screw up the seat or the bodywork. ABS plastic scratch's very easily, and on this bike it's VERY expensive, check the prices for them in the OEM catalog. Saddlebags do not keep the mass & weight centralized, so handling is mildly effected. Honestly, to each his own, that's what bikes are all about. I like my design, you guys like your's, that's cool.
Brian

Offline peter88

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 JAFFA
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 03:01:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by BMHS [+]

PS, To answer Peter88 comment, the real advantage to my system, is that you are not helded to any bag manufacturer, or bag size, like you are with the Venture system. I just happen to use the SW Motech bags, #180 or #260, just because I like their quality.
   You certainly have a choice of many bag sizes with the Ventura system & they are very good quality.

Offline danketchpel

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Camarillo, CA
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 07:37:08 AM »
I have this Nelson Rigg CL-1060-R tail bag setup for my Z900RS. It fits perfectly.

Offline Ove

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: East of England
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 09:31:48 AM »
 Posted by Peter88:  You certainly have a choice of many bag sizes with the Ventura system & they are very good quality.
[/quote]

Peter, I like only 4 bolts to remove to get the bike back to standard for the rest of the week away. I already have a sissy bar bag which would work with this system. I may be doing something wrong, but it doesn't look possible to just buy the Ventura rail, you have to buy their luggage too. Shame.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 09:33:36 AM by Ove »

Offline Oop North John

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Inverurie
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 09:59:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ove [+]
Peter, I like only 4 bolts to remove to get the bike back to standard for the rest of the week away. I already have a sissy bar bag which would work with this system. I may be doing something wrong, but it doesn't look possible to just buy the Ventura rail, you have to buy their luggage too. Shame.

I've just fitted the rails and was lucky enough to pick up a bike rack with the Mistral bag plus the sports rack and a 10 litre bag on ebay. So short trips I'll have the dinky bag, or none at all, longer journeys I'd swap to the bigger bag. I'd guess other packs will easily attach to the sports rack.

https://www.ventura-bike.co.uk/products/bikepacksystem.aspx