Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Wanted this bike when I was 16  (Read 391 times)

Online CaliZed9

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold

Offline kes2463

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS 2018 Black
  • Town / City: MelkshamWilts
Re: Wanted this bike when I was 16
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 10:06:57 AM »
very sweet  :169:
Be you, not the image of you that everyone else says you are.

Offline Notsoaverageguy

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Cafe 900
  • Town / City: Sandiego
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 02:35:19 PM »
Honda has a really cool way of selling bland :180: I remember so many bikes by Honda that I really liked, but it was always Kawasaki that I lusted for :169: I think the brand never did settle for OK :028: And sometimes they missed the mark :110: I never raced one in the dirt (although Brad Lackey tempted me) :007: but on the street it was always Kawasaki verses brand X :152:. Good to know after all these years they can still hit it out of the park :821:
This pic is my 1st Ninja

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler!
(Albert Einstein)

Offline shap

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: z900rs,77 kz1000 LTD
  • Town / City: Honolulu
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 07:04:58 PM »
I watched this movie again and again, never tired of the sound of the z inline 4.  It was music to me.  I wanted a Bubba Zanetti bike:

Russ

Offline flynbulldog

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: lotobikes
  • Town / City: Greensboro NC
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 01:15:35 AM »
When I was 16 I still rode dirtbikes and had an RM125 but a friend would always bring over british bike mags and we lusted after these:

Online CaliZed9

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 03:19:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by flynbulldog [+]
When I was 16 I still rode dirtbikes and had an RM125 but a friend would always bring over british bike mags and we lusted after these:

:152:  Norton always had the best looking motors and they seemed a tad cooler than the Bonneys.  Then the 750 craze hit. :001:

Offline OKZ

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Multiple bikes
  • Town / City: Edmond, OK
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 01:44:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Notsoaverageguy [+]
Honda has a really cool way of selling bland :180: I remember so many bikes by Honda that I really liked, but it was always Kawasaki that I lusted for :169: I think the brand never did settle for OK :028: And sometimes they missed the mark :110: I never raced one in the dirt (although Brad Lackey tempted me) :007: but on the street it was always Kawasaki verses brand X :152:. Good to know after all these years they can still hit it out of the park :821:
This pic is my 1st Ninja

Different Eras Notso, Honda's may have appear to be bland to you but back in the day they were where it was at. The Ninja was not even a idea back then.

Cali, my first bike was a Honda CL360. Similar bike but the exhaust came up high, I guess you could say it was one of the first Scramblers of the day. Being a bland Honda with a small 360cc twin motor it was more than enough bike for me back then, I loved that bike and wish I still owned it.
Technology: Man's ability to make simple things complicated.

Online ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Oshawa
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 10:12:50 PM »
I'd have to disagree with Honda's being bland from back in the day..maybe tastes have changed and that's ok...but I remember when the Honda Sabre, Shadows and the nighthawks were out...(among others) and lots of my buddies either got them or really wanted to own one.
And the 84 I have even today it's still a great looking bike IMO...

Now just like old cars they can't handle as well, are not as FAST or as light...but riding those brings back memories of yesterday much like the Z does for many on the forum here...I mean the average age I think is pushing 50! with a few youngins thrown in....I see more and more "Retro" bikes out there and at bike shows more vintage japanese of the era showing up...not just the BSA/Norton, Triumph as OLD bikes..but bikes we grew up with.....

:305: :821:
81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
84 Honda CB750SC Nighthawk S (Canadian Model)
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe