Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Parking lights.  (Read 275 times)

Offline Kevin Chennells

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900RS,R1200GSAdv
  • Town / City: Bicester, Oxford
Parking lights.
« on: May 11, 2019, 08:03:46 AM »
Does anyone know how to activate the parking light? I have read the book but can't find any reference to it...

Offline goodicksa

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Cafe
  • Town / City: Thunder Bay
Re: Parking lights.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 12:39:57 PM »
page 64 of Owner's Manual: General information section.

The tail, city, and license plate lights are on whenever the ignition key is in the "ON" position. The Headlight only goes on after the starter button is released after starting the engine.

(City lights are the two additional led lamps in the Headlight housing)

I believe these all serve as parking lights if you were temporarily stopped but didn't want the motor running. However, since the key cannot be removed while in the on position this function would have limited use.
Another inane post brought to you by the good people of ACME corp.

Offline Kevin Chennells

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900RS,R1200GSAdv
  • Town / City: Bicester, Oxford
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 06:29:07 AM »
Thanks, but what I meant was the steering lock on with park light. With my GS and previous Diavel it's a similar setup with the headlight coming on with engine running, but when parked and all off and locked,you hold a certain button for say five seconds and hey presto side lights /city lights  or park lights come on...

Online CaliZed9

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 06:39:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kevin Chennells [+]
Thanks, but what I meant was the steering lock on with park light. With my GS and previous Diavel it's a similar setup with the headlight coming on with engine running, but when parked and all off and locked,you hold a certain button for say five seconds and hey presto side lights /city lights  or park lights come on...

Iím not aware of that function with the Z.  On other bikes Iíve had and the 06 Hayabusa that I currently have, that function is merely a farther turn of the key to that position...which usually runs the battery down. :001: