Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: How many members have Brocks Exhaust and what do you think  (Read 2832 times)

Offline ffutie

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Greenwich
Re: How many members have Brocks Exhaust and what do you think
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 01:12:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Andyb1962 [+]
Surely the remap on the PC5 should have sorted out the throttle . Never heard of people having a remap and a throttle tamer or BP etc .

Why are you so condescending when surely you no little or nothing about what you speak of. I wonder in what circles you run in not to hear the throttle solution. If it could be fixed by computer mapping don't you think that your local dealer could solve it the the bike's stock CPU.

I had the power Commander mapped by Brock for their pipe. Their suggestion was the throttle tamer. The combination is amazing.

Offline PhilS

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Raleigh, NC
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 04:08:38 PM »
I've had my Brock's exhaust and ecu remap installed now for a couple of months and love them.  The sound and perforance increase is exactly what I was looking for.  The throttle response is still very quick but significantly less jerky in the on/off transition compared to stock.  I went with the ecu remap that included the fueling adjustments to match the exhaust and it seems perfect.  The performance increase is noticable throughout the entire rpm range but especially on the top end.

I had some initial concerns that it might be too loud but after installing and riding it I have no concerns.  I ride it easy through neighborhoods and in heavy traffic and don't find the noise offensive.  I get a lot of compliments from fellow riders regarding the deep tone from the exhaust.  I ride with a friend that has the full Akrapovič header and slipon.  The Brock's has a deeper tone and sounds to be a little louder than the Akra.

I also purchased Brock's velocity stacks and performance air filter but have not installed them yet.  I'm anxious to see if they provide any additional improvements.  The Stock to Brock system is not inexpensive but neither are any of the other full systems.  I have found everything to be of high quality and the company has been great to deal with.  The Brock's exhaust and remap was definitely worth the money for me.  I have four bikes and now find myself riding the Z900RS more than my other bikes and it wasn't that way before the Brock's system.
Z900RS
BMW R1200GSW
Indian Chieftain
KTM 500 EXC

Offline Tee Bee

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Angleton
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 09:02:13 PM »
PhilS, your experience nearly mimicks my own, though I did install the stacks and air filter with the rest.  Great sound and performance!  Smoother throttle transitions and shifts than before.  Happy Brock's customer here! 
Getting older, fatter, and faster!

Offline MilliniumFalcon

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: San Diego
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 08:02:37 PM »
Does anyone have an accurate MPG from before and after the full system and remap? 

Offline OKZ

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Multiple bikes
  • Town / City: Edmond, OK
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 10:53:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by MilliniumFalcon [+]
Does anyone have an accurate MPG from before and after the full system and remap?

Not trying to be condescending, but this is not a mod you do if you are concerned about mileage. The changes in the fueling actually improve mileage but he performance gain naturally causes the rider to accelerate harder more often, hence the mileage decreases.
Technology: Man's ability to make simple things complicated.
2018 Z900RS - Hooligan bike
2019 BMW R1250GS - for travel and exploring

Offline MilliniumFalcon

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: San Diego
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 01:07:56 AM »
Yep totally get it and almost caveated my original post in acknowledgement of the contradiction, but still curious about people's real world numbers..? 

Offline Tee Bee

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Angleton
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 03:24:34 AM »
Yep.  My MPG have reduced a bit since the mods but the Smiles Per Gallon have increased exponentially.  :)
Getting older, fatter, and faster!