Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Potential owner  (Read 341 times)

Offline Goose

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: NUNEATON
Potential owner
« on: April 14, 2019, 06:24:17 PM »
Hi all

I'm a potential owner of a Z900RS & would like some feedback regarding the following from any kind folks that are "in the know":

1/ Suspension quality for quick riding on bumpy B roads.
B roads are my sporting stomping ground & I'd be coming from a Morini Corsaro that handled the bumps pretty well (believe it or not!). Is the RS's suspension up to the job on standard settings, or if not, is it sufficiently adjustable to find a good setting?

2/ What's like as a two up bike for the rider & passenger? Is the seat long enough for a passenger of medium build & about 5ft 5" tall? Again, is the suspension up to the job?

3/ Has anyone managed to adjust the rear shock preload with the shock in situ?

4/ How's the fuel consumption? I'm typically a long ride type, and use my bike over countryside A & B roads. I don't often head north of 6500 rpm on a big bike, except on occasional quick overtakes. I'm mostly a solo rider. 

5/ I hear the rear light is poor? Are there any known fixes for this yet?

6/ Has anyone fitted a centre stand? Has it compromised ground clearance significantly?
Many thanks for your time. Cheers, Gary

Offline Mastrocinque

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Kawa Z900-RS Brown
  • Town / City: São Paulo
Re: Potential owner
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 06:44:46 PM »
Hey, Gary!

Welcome to the forum!

I think if you search for the subjects of your questions you will find all the answers in previously topics! I’m pretty sure that is a lot of topics in suspension, fuel consumption, center stand e etc.

What I can say (and keep in mind I rode the bike for only 630 km so far):
- fuel consumption is around 15 km/l in the city and around 17-20 km/l riding in the freeway
- the seat has enough space for you + 1
- about the OEM suspension, you can adjust preload on front and rear
- if the OEM suspension can do its job well on bumpy roads and with 2 people on the bike? Well...that’s a meter of opinion...there is those in the forum that think that if you want to get the best out of the bike you have to get specialized suspension kit...and that is those who like the OEM even when riding with two up. Check a post from Pete88 about it. You will find detailed discussion and the settings he used to ride it with his wife on twisty roads
- a lot of the owners here in the forum installed a central stand...from what I noticed on their reports, it doesn’t interfere with clearance

Hope this helps you. But if you can take the time to search on the forum you will find a lot more details an long discussions and even a lot of pictures that helps with your questions
Paulo Mastrocinque

Offline Mastrocinque

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Kawa Z900-RS Brown
  • Town / City: São Paulo
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 06:47:57 PM »
Here is the topic about suspension feedback and adjustments I mentioned:

https://www.z900rs.co.uk/index.php/topic,1572.0.html

Cheers
Paulo Mastrocinque

Offline Goose

• Z900RS Junior Member
  • Town / City: NUNEATON
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 07:51:35 PM »
Hi Paulo

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll get busy with the searches. I'm very much a sports minded rider, so I'm just figuring if the RS has enough to offer as standard in terms of cornering & suspension quality. I'm pretty sure it'll be quick enough engine wise! I've owned a GPZ1000RX & a ZX9RE1 and thoroughly enjoyed both. I certainly think the RS could give me that Kawa vibe again. We shall see?

Thanks again Paulo!

Gary 

Offline petef

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Sutton Coldfield
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 08:58:50 AM »
Hi Gary..

Welcome to the forum.. best thing to do is take one (RS) or two (Cafe) out for a test ride.. you can read hundreds of posts on forums but only you will really know when you ride it :) recommend Chris @ Staffs Kawasaki fellow RS owner

Cheers

Pete

Offline Salnap

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS
  • Town / City: Massachusetts
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 10:30:19 AM »
 :400:

Offline TallyRex

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Tallahassee
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 12:05:32 PM »
Welcome aboard   :152:

It's impossible to answer some of your questions.  How bumpy are the roads you ride on?  How fast will you ride 2 up?  The RS suspension is very good for a sport standard, but it ain't Ohlins good.  It is be a lot better than your old  GPZ11