Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Fenda Extenda installation.  (Read 1327 times)

Online CaliZed9

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold
Re: Fenda Extenda installation.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 03:05:29 AM »
Thanks.  Haven’t got another one yet.  Those pics were from Pyramid.  Now, if they’d only make an extender for the rear wheel. 

Online ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Oshawa
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 04:07:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by CaliZed9 [+]
Thanks.  Haven’t got another one yet.  Those pics were from Pyramid.  Now, if they’d only make an extender for the rear wheel.

Oh ok  :431: thought read you got one..my bad

And yes  :0461: would be good if they made one for the rear fender too...it's in need of an extention...but not as much as the front due to the rad and header cleaning......I can't imagine they don't have a template for one and demand should be good since there is one already in existance from other companies :155:

:305: :821:
81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
84 Honda CB750SC Nighthawk S (Canadian Model)
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Online CaliZed9

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 05:41:00 AM »
The only rear extenders I’ve seen were just too short and some companies instead, make their own version of a complete replacement for the OEM ‘baby’ fender that we all have and they’re also not long enough.

Online ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 01:13:26 AM »
 :0461:
Some of the ones I've seen are not long enough that are full replacements. I would also be leary of paint quality (other then black) and match and also paint fade over time depending on the materials used.
Some car parts that are painted in factory colors look great when first applied, and match fairly well. But in a few cases a year or 2 later they fade at a different rate and change to now look like there OFF colour..which is frustrating.

Red is one of the worse for that.

But if you get it painted from a local body shop I'd expect they would use quality materials and guarantee there work...

Still it's early for some to come up with accessories for these bikes as into year 3 there will be a lot more around and some might make there way to 2nd owners who have more $ to lay out on upgrades...

Having said that it seems on this forum there are lots of MODS and accessories being installed  :164:

81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Offline Dave

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Amsterdam
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 11:30:37 AM »
I have a pyramid extender waiting to be installed too... Seems like a PITA to get it on there securely though, looking at this thread?

Online CaliZed9

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 06:39:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dave [+]
I have a pyramid extender waiting to be installed too... Seems like a PITA to get it on there securely though, looking at this thread?

Yeah there’s very little clearance so to use clamps you’ll have to loosen the fender. 

Offline Oop North John

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Inverurie
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2019, 07:56:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by CaliZed9 [+]

They do: https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/accessory.html?accessoryCode=21933&d=Z900RS%20Hugger%20Extension&partNumber=073874

Quite a bit cheaper than a new hugger.

Offline kes2463

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS 2018 Black
  • Town / City: MelkshamWilts
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 08:50:33 PM »
You beat me to it John, had one on mine since day 2 or 3.

Be you, not the image of you that everyone else says you are.

Online CaliZed9

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 11:51:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Oop North John [+]

It’s cheaper all right but is just too short.  Needs another 4-6”. 

Online ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 11:55:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dave [+]

It's not that bad. It would be (well all relative I guess) easier if you were changing the front tire and removed the wheel to get the fender OFF the bike. But if you remove the brackets there are 2 5MM allen head bolts on the backside facing the rim that are the hardest to get to. I'd remove those first....use a 1/4 wrench with a 5mm allen bit taped to it and you can get it off easily it's not too tight. Then just use a block of wood under the fender and tire to gain clearance when you put the adhesive on the fender extender and clamp it down overnight. It isn't the easiest thing, but not that difficult really more time consuming figuring it out and leaving it overnight then anything else.
Re-assmbly for me was about 10 min.

And glad to see they have a rear one now I might get that too!

81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe