Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Booster Plug - fitting advice please.  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: PA
Re: Booster Plug - fitting advice please.
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 01:32:22 AM »
I think the bike rides perfectly fine without any tweaking.  But that is just like my opinion man

Offline oRGie

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Black
  • Town / City: ipswich
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 07:05:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Garth [+]
Thanks for the input.

I don't know anyone in the UK who can specifically do an ECU remap for the RS - I have asked and had no response.

The Booster Plug is already in transit so it will be tried - perhaps I will just pay my local guys their hourly rate and let them fit it.

Problem solved.

Junction33, not far from you  :305:

Offline Ozdriver

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Melbourne
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 09:37:01 PM »
If you delve deep into one of the Booster Plug threads youíll see I gave step by step instructions, Iím a bit busy atm to give you a direct link.
The Booster Plug worked for me, and I think about 90% of users. So  for 10% it doesnít.
Iíve had mine for a year and 11,000 kms and it fixed the terrible throttle snatchiness 100% so for me it was worth buying.
When the bikeís out of warranty Iíll very likely go for a reflash.

Offline luishcorreia

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: z900rs
  • Town / City: Lisbon
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 09:30:25 PM »
This ECU flash for Z900rs, how does it,work? I identified a couple of companies that do this in Portugal, but what do I say I want done? Is there any preset configuratuon or template for the z900rs?

Offline IndyTom

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Noblesville
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 12:18:47 AM »
What the Flash include pretty much depends on the Tuner.  But in General they adjust the fueling, raise the Rev Limit, take off the speed limiter,  adjust the power curve to gain you a few more ponies on top, Mine also adjusted the traction control where you can change the settings while in motion where the OEM settings can only be changed while stopped.  I had mine Flashed By Guhl Motors and they did a fine job.  Bike runs smooth and no more throttle issues.   I believe they also turn off the O2 sensor and the one other part that usually requires block off plates but with the tune  you don't need them.  Just get it Flashed and put the ECU back in.  It's an easy plug and play mod that is worth every penny.   
I don't usually have a big smile on my face, but when I do I probably am riding my bike.