Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Anyone try Guhl Motors or Ivan's Performance tunes?  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Redlinez

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 18 Z900RS
  • Town / City: North Carolina
Re: Anyone try Guhl Motors or Ivan's Performance tunes?
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 07:13:34 PM »
Yea, that makes him the man for buying the bike. He told a member on the FB page that he might have one in 6 months.
18 RS black

Offline IndyTom

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900RS
  • Town / City: Noblesville
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 07:33:05 PM »
I can't wait until I get the ECU back from Guhl Motors.   I have heard nothing but good things about Guhl and I am glad there are others that had it done and like the tune.   My bike is mostly stock with the exception of
the Akrapovic Slip on so I don't expect a whole lot of difference in power which is fine.   As long as the power delivery is smooth I will be a happy camper.
I don't usually have a big smile on my face, but when I do I probably am riding my bike.

Offline OKZ

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Multiple bikes
  • Town / City: Edmond, OK
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 08:33:06 PM »
Be sure and let us know your impression, I think it's going to offer more than you think.
Technology: Man's ability to make simple things complicated.

Offline IndyTom

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2019, 08:49:28 PM »
Don from Guhl Motors called me today.  They received my ECU today and he was very professional and went over all the options regarding the Flash.  He said that I will most definitely feel a big difference even with the bike mostly stock. He said that it probably won't go out until tomorrow but I requested overnight shipping regardless of the cost so that I can have it back by the weekend.   Weather permitting I will take her out for a spirited Sprint   :046:   Oh, we are suppose to have some snow showers again this weekend.   Doesn't this winter crap ever end.   It's March for heavens sake  :021:
I don't usually have a big smile on my face, but when I do I probably am riding my bike.

Offline Redlinez

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: 18 Z900RS
  • Town / City: North Carolina
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2019, 08:53:27 PM »
Awesome!!
18 RS black

Offline Dirty Dave

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Montreal
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2019, 09:39:36 PM »
I know it's gonna be a "seat of the pants" comparison unless dyno-ed but I wonder how 2WD, Brock and Ivan's flash compare.

I'm close to being able to test out the 2WD flash done during the Winter........
18 Z900RS Jaffa
97 Honda Valkyrie
79 Honda GoldWing

Offline IndyTom

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2019, 09:54:22 PM »
Yup, more than likely it's just seat of the pants performance but that is fine by me.  I just want to bike to be smooth.  I was happy with the performance as is.  Just the on/off throttle I didn't care for especially coming out of a slow turn and then opening up the throttle jerkiness.   If that is fixed than I am a happy camper.   Not sure if we will get a review about Ivan's tune since it doesn't exist, yet anyway. 

Offline Stone

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Root Beer & Orange
  • Town / City: Ramsey
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2019, 10:01:39 PM »
Good luck with the weather...looking forward to your updates!

Offline IndyTom

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2019, 10:14:43 PM »
Thanks!   Today would have been perfect riding weather.  Rain in the morning but partly sunny in the afternoon and 70 degrees.  Warmest day of the year so far.  Last day it was 70 degrees was on October 10th, 2018.  I could have ridden the S but the Z kinda blocks it's path and I didn't want to mess with moving the Z since it is in pieces awaiting the ECU install.  Tomorrow also 70 degrees but with rain and possible tornados.   But wait there's more Dropping to the high 30's for the weekend with snow showers.    Geesh.    I am ready to move somewhere warmer and more weather stable. 

Offline Stone

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Root Beer & Orange
  • Town / City: Ramsey
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2019, 09:53:19 PM »
Yeah, tornadoes put a crimp in the riding...stay safe!!

Oh, and move someplace with warmer weather that doesn't present quite the threat level to life and limb  :148: