Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: blinker genie  (Read 1730 times)

Offline ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Oshawa
Re: blinker genie
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 07:09:20 AM »
I assumed nothing...you did, that I didn't know what I was speaking of...

You assumed I didn't do any research, or had experience with this? What are you NEW???

My ADVICE was to the OP that yellow in the rear for the proposed purpose can have issues so use RED to avoid...like ORZ had posted (very nice video showing it btw)

I don't have to know the laws of every parrish/county or statue off by heart or repost it on this forum. I've been doing this for a long time...30+ years...modding bikes, cars etc....riding with hundreds across Canada and US...so my ADVICE was aimed at imparting some of that knowledge to the OP...but you came back with this to show how right you are...or that you did research...good for you...your more informed now about this....so you can feel confident when the police offer stops you and says..Son I stopped you cause your rear lights are amber when not using the flasher...you can tell him that the law states.....and he can then hand you a summons as his opinion is it's not...so sort if out with the judge.....but hey I've never experienced that so I must be just relaying incorrect information...or maybe not...
81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
84 Honda CB750SC Nighthawk S (Canadian Model)
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Offline Sath182

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: RS Cafe
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 07:36:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by ve3hzz [+]
Remember (in most countries) rear lights for running or brake cannot be amber :110:. So unless you change the lens or lights on the rear to display RED you are in violation of most laws :211:. Here in N America you cannot run amber facing rear. Some say white are ok....but other colors are not... :151:

Sorry, I must have misconstrued this generalization as an assumption. My bad... :015:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 07:40:28 AM by Sath182 »

Online Y2K18

• Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Kawi Z900RS
  • Town / City: Raleigh, NC
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 03:31:47 PM »
Just to get back on track, I'm only wanting to do the front lights at this time. I'm confused by the blinker genie website as to whether or not I would need and led flasher even tho US bikes are non led.

Online MattR

• Forum Help and Support
  • Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Bristol
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 05:12:02 PM »
Admin note to all, please keep on track  - see the OP's original question !    :038:

Offline ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 06:57:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Y2K18 [+]
Just to get back on track, I'm only wanting to do the front lights at this time. I'm confused by the blinker genie website as to whether or not I would need and led flasher even tho US bikes are non led.
OK so assumptions here..based on your earlier post.
If you keep the stock turn signals with stock incandecent bulbs...then you should not require load equalizers/electronic flashers to keep the stock flash rate (avoid FAST or HYPER FLASH situation).
But installing an electronic flasher as others have posted means it will work with either and if you upgrade to LED later..only that wiring
Also they have this note on the site
For motorcycles that do not have running lights in the front of their motorcycle (such as the new Kawasaki sportbikes), the red wire on the Blinker Genie must be connected to an ignition switched source for proper operation.
Or to the RUN circuit which is to the LED headlight for low beam operation..that is the RED wire they show in there diagram of installation guide tab from this site: https://www.customled.com/products/blinker-genie
It should be found here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0190/4226/files/Blinker_Genie_REV3_-_Instructions.pdf?3137242011205527005
81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Online Y2K18

• Z900RS Master
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 07:34:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by ve3hzz [+]
OK so assumptions here..based on your earlier post.
If you keep the stock turn signals with stock incandecent bulbs...then you should not require load equalizers/electronic flashers to keep the stock flash rate (avoid FAST or HYPER FLASH situation).
But installing an electronic flasher as others have posted means it will work with either and if you upgrade to LED later..only that wiring
Also they have this note on the site
For motorcycles that do not have running lights in the front of their motorcycle (such as the new Kawasaki sportbikes), the red wire on the Blinker Genie must be connected to an ignition switched source for proper operation.
Or to the RUN circuit which is to the LED headlight for low beam operation..that is the RED wire they show in there diagram of installation guide tab from this site: https://www.customled.com/products/blinker-genie
It should be found here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0190/4226/files/Blinker_Genie_REV3_-_Instructions.pdf?3137242011205527005

Excellent! Thank you!!

Offline ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 07:43:48 PM »
Your most  :400:....hope it works out the way your hoping and if you have other questions :187: just ask! :169:

:821: :305:

81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Online Y2K18

• Z900RS Master
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 03:35:38 PM »
I think I've decided to order a set of blinker genies for the front to make running lights and turn signals. Also ordering four amber LED bulbs and and LED flasher relay. I'm also going to add an extra LED brake light - https://www.aerostich.com/stopper-led-brake-light-stopper.html