Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Changing new shock .  (Read 1522 times)

Offline OKZ

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Multiple bikes
  • Town / City: Edmond, OK
Re: Changing new shock .
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 11:40:32 PM »
I installed a Nitron on my Ducati XDS and am very happy with it. looks great and amazing how much difference there is in just making small adjustments. No matter what shock you go with the most important thing is to get the right spring designed for your weight. Second most important is to set rider sag properly to utilize the full range of compression and rebound movement of the spring.  :028:
Technology: Man's ability to make simple things complicated.

Offline Andyb1962

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Jaffa
  • Town / City: Rotherham
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 07:01:54 AM »
I ordered the base R1 shock custom built to my weight with rebound and compression damping adjustments. This is the best shock for the road imo.
The R2 and R3 cone with remote reservoirs for damping adjustments and all 3 can have a hydraulic preload adjuster
I’ll post pics and review the shock compared to OE in the coming weeks

Offline Roger

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: z900rs-es
  • Town / City: Mt. Hope
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 12:55:32 AM »
 Check out the german made wilbur 640 road   (nightline version)  its all black with red clicker and red logo    really nice unit     I have ohlins on other bikes and this looks as good or better. Fit and finish better than ohlin and the spring looks heavier and is custom made for your weight.  Install is easy, I did have the tank off already for other tasks though.

Roger

Offline Phil

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: z900RS / Z125 Pro
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 11:15:45 PM »
There are heaps of options, I have the K-Tech Razor R, it has rebound, compression, preload and ride height adjustment. Really happy with the difference in performance over the OE shock.

The Ohlins, as far as I know, only has the same adjustment as standard. In saying that I had an Ohlins in my Z1000 that was the same spec and it was brilliant.
Phil
18 Z900RS Jaffa
17 Z125 Pro KRT

ZRXOA 8225 (Once a ZRX owner, always a ZRX owner)

Offline Andyb1962

• Z900RS Member
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2019, 09:19:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Andyb1962 [+]
I ordered the base R1 shock custom built to my weight with rebound and compression damping adjustments and ride height adjustment . This is the best shock for the road imo especially at the price .
The R2 and R3 cone with remote reservoirs for damping adjustments and all 3 can have a hydraulic preload adjuster
I’ll post pics and review the shock compared to OE in the coming weeks

Well I have fitted the Shock . Simple installation really . Secured the front . “Jacked” up under the exhaust tho remove the weight off the shock . Lifted the tank about 3” (chocked with wood)
Undo top and bottom but remove .
Refit re torque etc
Simples .

Just done around 15 miles on a shake down run .
I deliberately picked a “rough” road but the effects were easily noticed.
It’s “glides” over the bumps rather than “bounces”

Further testing required on all road types and speeds. But initial impressions are very good and it works well .
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 09:25:38 AM by Andyb1962 »

Offline Andyb1962

• Z900RS Member
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 04:15:35 PM »

Well after further testing I can confirm . The shock is a major improvement over OE for my weight 11.5st in gear.
At around £450 with adjustment for ride height , preload adjustment and R & C damping .
This shock is also very competitively priced when looking at the entry level shocks of the competition.

Worth a consideration if your struggling on set up

Online JasonKing

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: ZRX1200R
  • Town / City: Four Feather Falls
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 08:40:14 AM »
Anyone had experience of the Shock Factory M Shock for the RS?

Offline Andyb1962

• Z900RS Member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 09:47:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by JasonKing [+]
Anyone had experience of the Shock Factory M Shock for the RS?

Might be ok . But remember for another £100 you can get a fully custom built shock set up for you .
Personally I would pay a little extra for a better known brand .
But having said that they will undoubtedly by way superior to the OE shock . And it’s another UK company delivering the goods. I’ll be interested to know anyone’s experience with these shocks too .