Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Café Windscreen Options  (Read 6088 times)

Offline BMHS

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: West Bend, WI
Re: Café Windscreen Options
Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 12:54:38 AM
Guys,
I thought I might add my 2 cents to this thread. I had ordered about 2 month ago, a MRA tinted black "Spoiler" windscreen. It just came in from backorder, and once I ordered a second set of rubber mounts from Kawasaki, I mounted it. Guys, what a difference. The oem screen had the air hitting me in the middle of my chest, now it's just over my helmet. At 75mph, the buffeting from semi-trucks is almost gone. Probably the best $130.00 that I have spent so far on the bike.
Highly Recommended
Brian

Offline ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Oshawa
Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 03:14:47 AM
 :0461:

+1 on the MRA spoiler windshield. I have the same on mine now and the look itself makes it worth while, but the advantage of airflow over is the biggest reason for using it.

They said the BLACK is basically like painted...which I didn't want so the tinted can still see through it

:305: :821:
81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
84 Honda CB750SC Nighthawk S (Canadian Model)
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Offline Cafewayne

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Brierley hill
Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 01:05:33 PM
It’s just the price of the yoshi £185
😳😡
I had a mra double bubble sent to dealers to have put on prior to delivery but they never fitted it cause they said it didn’t fit when tightening screws it was putting a dip in screen they were concerned it would crack my fairing any one fitted an mra and had to jiggle about with the holes

Offline ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Oshawa
Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 02:11:14 AM
*Originally Posted by Cafewayne [+]
It’s just the price of the yoshi £185
😳😡
I had a mra double bubble sent to dealers to have put on prior to delivery but they never fitted it cause they said it didn’t fit when tightening screws it was putting a dip in screen they were concerned it would crack my fairing any one fitted an mra and had to jiggle about with the holes

When  I got mine (and bike wasn't home yet) I was worried as 2 of the holes were smaller. I had read on the forum here (perhaps it was you) that it wasn't fitting. But when I got the bike to do install I found had NO issues. You do have to re-use the OEM rubber gromets with the inserts. Easy enough to take out and put in the new one with a little silcone lube. Other then that (and the spoiler and double bubble seem to go on the same way) no issues. So I'm not sure why they had such trouble with install on your bike? Maybe they were not doing it properly? no idea....but as you see in my prior post it installed fine and looks GREAT! Just make sure to NO lose the nylon washers from the OEM screws..perhaps they did and why it wanted to dimple???

:305: :821:
81 Kawasaki KZ 750E2
84 Honda CB750SC Nighthawk S (Canadian Model)
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
18 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe

Offline RICHINGREEN

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Fairview
Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 07:09:33 PM
I've got the same one on my cafe too.  I've put MRA shields on two other bikes and they always fit great.

Hey BMHS, what bar end mirrors are those?
RP

Offline Cafewayne

• Z900RS Member
  • Town / City: Brierley hill
Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 09:29:41 PM
*Originally Posted by BMHS [+]
Guys,
I thought I might add my 2 cents to this thread. I had ordered about 2 month ago, a MRA tinted black "Spoiler" windscreen. It just came in from backorder, and once I ordered a second set of rubber mounts from Kawasaki, I mounted it. Guys, what a difference. The oem screen had the air hitting me in the middle of my chest, now it's just over my helmet. At 75mph, the buffeting from semi-trucks is almost gone. Probably the best $130.00 that I have spent so far on the bike.
Highly Recommended
Brian

[/quote)

How tall are u matey

Offline BMHS

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: West Bend, WI
Reply #16 on: April 25, 2019, 01:11:53 AM
The bar end mirrors are CRG Lane Splitters, I have had them on my last 4 bikes. They are not cheap, but they are the best.
I am right at 6 feet tall, with a 32 inch inseam, so I think I'm about average height? If you are over 6 feet, I'm guessing that the wind might hit your upper face shield?
Brian

Offline Notsoaverageguy

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Cafe 900
  • Town / City: Sandiego
Reply #17 on: July 31, 2019, 12:50:17 AM
Question on the windscreen. Definitely think its the best looking one, but am concerned about possible buffeting. I rode my buddies KS1200 BMW after he put one on and the mirrors were vibrating after. I grabbed the windscreen and it stopped. I asked him about it and he said he noticed it after he mounted it. So worried it would do the same to the cafe? Yes NO ?
Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler!
(Albert Einstein)

Offline Mikerosa650

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900rs Cafe
  • Town / City: New York
Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 11:14:20 PM
Hey is that the black or the smoked grey?

*Originally Posted by BMHS [+]
Guys,
Highly Recommended
Brian

Offline cycle948Z

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Z900RS CAFE
  • Town / City: Gainesville, FL
Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 07:23:07 PM