Z900RS

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Well, that's different....  (Read 509 times)

Offline Richard

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Ducati Panigale v4s,
  • Town / City: South Bucks
Well, that's different....
« on: February 01, 2019, 10:34:24 PM »
I like to change bikes pretty frequently.  I got my Jaffa in July 18 and love it, but, well, you know....

Thursday just gone I was in the dealers and made the mistake of test riding a Ducati Panigale v4.  :020:

It was 2 degrees, snow and ice on the ground, and I loved it, despite being terrified on the test.  Cut a long story, I bought one.  2018 v4s.  Dont tell the wife, it arrives in the next couple of weeks. I am a lucky man.

Here's the point of this.  Normally I only keep one bike (cant ride two at the same time etc) but there was no way I was going to sell the Kwak.  I have room in my life for both and I actually think the Z is a better bike for me, but I had a 40 year itch to scratch and it was one of those YOLO (as da yoof would say) moments. 

My bet is that the Z is a keeper and the Panigale is a hot, passionate affair (well, the seat is, thats for sure).

By the way, when is spring...????

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold
Re: Well, that's different....
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 11:08:22 PM »
You’re not alone.  At one time I had six bikes.  Opening the garage I could choose which one to ride, or repair, or clean, or detail, or change the oil or change a tire or......after a while I just had to reduce my choices.  I kept the oldest, a 79 CBX, and the newest, my 06 Hayabusa LE.  Someone offered me an insane amount of money for the CBX but in a few months I had to have another ‘standard’, my new Z900rs.  Two is just fine...for now! :008:

Offline OKZ

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Multiple bikes
  • Town / City: Edmond, OK
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 03:15:58 AM »
If you can afford it, why not? My wife accuses me of having a garage full of mistress'  :169:

You can't have too many bikes in the garage! you can quote me on that if you like.  :018:
Technology: Man's ability to make simple things complicated.

Offline CaliZed9

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS-Hayabusa
  • Town / City: Coarsegold
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 03:41:36 AM »
It really wasn’t the expense so much as it was the time involved in maintaining them all.  If they’re ridden, and they were, even routine maintenance and general upkeep for several bikes is just too time consuming.  Frankly I’d rather be riding them.  The cars one drives can also make a difference in how many bikes and how much they’re ridden.  For me, long distance touring has taken a dive in past years mainly to my having a nice enough and fast enough car to make a four wheel trip very satisfying. 

Offline ve3hzz

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: Z900RS Cafe
  • Town / City: Oshawa
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 06:16:21 AM »
Well I already had 2 bikes. Got rid of my Nomad last year then didn't have a bike to ride around when I wanted and where I wanted (the old Kawi still had original rubber on it so no distances or highway trips (till this year) :007:
So got the Guzzi.
So when I decided after a lot of research on a new bike I decided WTF I'm keeping my 2 and adding a stable mate (the RS Cafe) to the garage. But my addiction has been with cars of late so I need to reduce that fleet...but you can ride more then 1 and since basic maintenance isn't bad on a bike it's not that time consuming to do...besides if your working on 1 (parts/mods) you can always take a break and ride one of the others...I say keep em BOTH...and yes Italian vehicles can be a passion...and the demanding mistress of them...but you can always ride the other one if they get too HOT to HANDLE :745:
81 KZ750E2
13 V7 Racer
18 Z900RS Cafe

Offline OKZ

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900RS Master
  • Bike: Multiple bikes
  • Town / City: Edmond, OK
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 01:43:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by ve3hzz [+]
Well I already had 2 bikes. Got rid of my Nomad last year then didn't have a bike to ride around when I wanted and where I wanted (the old Kawi still had original rubber on it so no distances or highway trips (till this year) :007:
So got the Guzzi.
So when I decided after a lot of research on a new bike I decided WTF I'm keeping my 2 and adding a stable mate (the RS Cafe) to the garage. But my addiction has been with cars of late so I need to reduce that fleet...but you can ride more then 1 and since basic maintenance isn't bad on a bike it's not that time consuming to do...besides if your working on 1 (parts/mods) you can always take a break and ride one of the others...I say keep em BOTH...and yes Italian vehicles can be a passion...and the demanding mistress of them...but you can always ride the other one if they get too HOT to HANDLE :745:
:0461:
Technology: Man's ability to make simple things complicated.

Online TallyRex

• Z900RS Pro
  • Town / City: Tallahassee
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 02:58:38 PM »
Richard,
I'm surprised they let you take a test ride with snow and ice on the ground, and I'm surprised you could feel the power, braking, and handling in those kinds of conditions.  From what I have read, it is an incredible bike, so congrats  :047:

I find that 3 bikes in the garage is ideal for me.  A winter bike (Versys 1K,) and 2 nakeds, my trusty ZRX  which has much more value to me than it does on the market and the RS.  I like the variety. each one with its own strengths.

Online JasonKing

• Z900RS Pro
  • Bike: ZRX1200R
  • Town / City: Four Feather Falls
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 06:37:06 PM »
Would imagine they’re pretty desperate to sell such expensive kit, especially this time of year plus the current downturn in sports bike sales :002:

Offline Richard

• Z900RS Member
  • Bike: Ducati Panigale v4s,
  • Town / City: South Bucks
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 04:25:37 PM »
TallyRex and Jason King.  Boy, could I feel the power!  Could not test the handling of course but its a Duke and the brakes are awesome.  The electrics make it feel very safe. Jason - bang on, I've been looking for a while for the right one and got a cracking deal due to the time of year.
Still love the Z though....